Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Colossians 2:16-17 Revelation

This is another study from Corey.

Kevin

"For Your Discernment"

Colossians 2:16-17 Revelation
Colossians 2:16-17
“16 Let no men therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days:”
 “17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.”
The Apostle Paul is telling the Colossians that 3 things are prophetic symbols (shadows) of things to come:
1.)  Holydays
2.) New Moon days
3.) Sabbath days
When Paul said they were a “shadow” of things to come, he was saying that the festivals of God reflected prophetic/futuristic events to come concerning the Lord Jesus. At the time that Paul was writing this, the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, along with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit had already occurred! This means that Paul was actually referencing the “unfulfilled” feasts days only!
Why?
The reason is because Paul said “of things to come”. The prophetic shadows of Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, and Pentecost have already been fulfilled or revealed and surely could NOT be a part of “things to come” category!
So, Paul is talking specifically about feast days that have yet “futuristic”, “prophetic shadows”, which means he was talking about the feast days of Trumpets, Atonement, and Tabernacles!!
Now, if you were to understand the Greek rendering of the phrase “new moon” in Colossians 2:16, you would read the word “neomēnia”, which literally means “of the Jewish festival of the new moon”. Meaning, there is only 1 feast day that even falls during the new moon period, which is the feast of Trumpets, or Yom Teruah!!!
So, Paul is literally saying that the feast of Trumpets is a shadow of something to come. The feast of Trumpets MUST have a prophetic fulfillment concerning the messiah! Let’s go read the Leviticus command in Leviticus 23 to find out what the “shadow” is concerning Jesus: Leviticus 23:24-25
“Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, in the seventh month, in the first [day] of the month, shall ye have a Sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.”

“Ye shall do no servile work [therein]: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.”
The word “Sabbath” in Leviticus 23 in reference to the feast of Trumpets is “shabbathown”, which means:
1) Sabbath observance, sabbatism
a) Weekly Sabbath
b) Day of atonement
c) Sabbatical year
d) Feast of Trumpets
e) of the 1st and last days of the Feast of Tabernacles
In this verse, the word Sabbath is obviously referring to the high holy Sabbath of Yom Teruah!
The word “memorial” in Leviticus 23 in reference to the feast of Trumpets is “zikrown”, which means:

1)   memorial, reminder, remembrance

The word “blowing” in Leviticus 23 in reference to the feast of Trumpets is “tĕruw`ah”, which means:
1) alarm, signal, sound of tempest, shout, shout or blast of war or alarm or joy
a) alarm of war, war-cry, battle-cry
b) blast (for march)
c) shout of joy (with religious impulse)
d) shout of joy (in general)

The word “convocation” in Leviticus 23 in reference to the feast of Trumpets is “miqra”, which literally means:
1) convocation, convoking, reading, a calling together
a) convocation, sacred assembly
b) convoking
c) reading
So, putting this together, the command give is to have a high holy Sabbath day (Trumpets), which you are to remember to have a shout of joy, then you which are to have a gathering.
Now, the feast of Trumpets is in relation to Christ as “something to come”. What does it shadow?
Well, we know that in the book of Exodus and Revelation. The “Voice of the Lord” spoke and will speak again as a “trumpet”. Now, this is really important. The spiritual application to this feast then is the Lord’s voice speaking as a trumpet.
For this feast to be related to Jesus Christ, the “blowing of trumpets” command MUST be symbolic of the “voice of the Lord”. The word is “Teruah”, which actually means “shout”. This is extremely interesting because when the rapture occurs, the Lord actually “descends from heaven with a SHOUT”, or a Teruah.

The “gathering” and “shout” of this feast is the “gathering together” of the bride of Christ to meet the Lord in the air and the “shout” is the voice of the Lord speaking when he “descends from heaven” in 1st Thessalonians 4:16!
So, the commands given by the Lord in Leviticus 23 for the feast of Trumpets entail a “SHOUT”, a “HOLY GATHERING”, and it is supposed to be a “shadow” of something to come right?

1st Thessalonians 4:16 “For the Lord shall descend from heaven with a SHOUT”
2nd Thessalonians 2:1 “Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our GATHERING together unto him”
In two separate letters to the Thessalonians, Paul mentions the rapture and the amazing thing is that in both verses, he uses the words “SHOUT” & “GATHERING”, which are the KEY ELEMENTS to what Leviticus 23:24-25 talks about in reference to the feast of Trumpets…
AGAIN…
“Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, in the seventh month, in the first [day] of the month, shall ye have a Sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.”
“Blowing of trumpets” literally means “Teruah”, which means to SHOUT!
“Convocation” literally means “Miqra”, which means a SACRED CALLING TOGETHER or GATHERING!
If you break down the Hebrew root words in Leviticus 23:24-25, you come to see that the feast of Trumpets is all about a GATHERING that is called to be by the blowing of Trumpets, or a SHOUT. We have to remember, the voice of the Lord is said to sound like a “trumpet” in Revelation 4:1!
That is exactly what the rapture is about. It is about a sacred gathering of believers into heaven after the voice of the Lord calls this gathering together by a shout! So, basically, the typology in Leviticus 23:24-25is extremely connected to the rapture of the church!!!
Paul lets all believers know that the rapture is not a hidden thing:
In 1st Thessalonians 5:1-2, Paul says:
“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.”

“For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.”
Paul starts out this chapter by saying “but”, so we know this teaching is about what he just got done speaking of in the previous chapter, which is the rapture of the church in 1st Thessalonians 4:16-17. So, what does Paul go on to say “ABOUT THE RAPTURE”?....
He goes on to say…
“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.” The words “times and seasons” in the above verse literally reads:

“But of the time when things are brought to crisis”, I do not need to tell you because you already know the day of the Lord (Final 7 years) will come as a THEIF IN THE NIGHT (so as the rapture)…
Meaning, the day of the Lord (when things are brought to CRISIS) comes as the Lord takes the church home to heaven in the rapture, in the twinkling of an eye. So, the apostle Paul tells us that the feast of Trumpets is a “future shadow” of something to come concerning the messiah.  Leviticus tells us it is meant to call together a congregation (GATHERING), by a trumpet blast (Teruah). Prophetically speaking, the voice of the Lord speaks as a trumpet. The word Teruah means “SHOUT”, so the feast of Trumpets is a day (symbolically and prophetically speaking) when the Lord shall descend from heaven with a shout to call together the sacred assembly or gathering of the body of Christ to heaven!!!!
So, when Paul said “of the new moon” or “festival of the new moon”, he was saying the prophetic SHADOW of the feast of Trumpets (only festival on a new moon) is the return of the Lord for the church, the sacred GATHERING together of the church by the SHOUT of the Lord!!
“but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.”
The “Burnt Offering” that is to be prophetically made to the Lord on the future feast of Trumpets is the bride of Christ! When the church is taken to heaven, we are brought before judgment seat of Christ (BEMA SEAT), and are works (good and bad) are put in the “FIREY STREAM” that goes fourth from the judgment seat of Christ. The works that are not worthy go up in smoke and the works that are worthy are given back as rewards. After this judgment, the bride of Christ would have literally been PUT THROUGH THE FIRERY JUDGMENT SEAT OF JESUS. Then we are presented before him as the bride of Christ and his coronation takes place.
So, the burnt offering that is presented to the Lord is none other than the BRIDE OF CHRIST, after being put through the fire!!!!!
AMEN!
We, the church, is the BURN OFFERING!
So, the feast of Trumpet is a prophetic shadow of the RETURN OF JESUS for the church!

Re: Colossians 2:16-17 Revelation

“Blowing of trumpets” literally means “Teruah”, which means to SHOUT!
“Convocation” literally means “Miqra”, which means a SACRED CALLING TOGETHER or GATHERING!

Thanks for the post, Kevin and CJ! when reading the above "blowing of trumpets", (plural)I could imagine when Christ gives the shout for us to come up, what "trumpets" plural will shout back! millions of trumpets shouting back we will be so glad to see Him. Truly a day of gladness.

God bless you

Excellent study! Thank you for posting this Kevin. It's so amazing when all the puzzle pieces just seem to fall in place so perfectly, and it suddenly becomes crystal clear!
The "convocation" reminds me of Psalm 111:1

Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

Wow...I just noticed the passage has four ones in it...11/11! Very interesting!

WOW.. Shelby..
I agree.. It is a very good study

Thank you Regina, Shelby, and Zoe. Corey really knows the scriptures well, and his studies are outstanding. God bless you!

Kevin