Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Should Drums Be Used In Worship

I thought this article may be of interest. That verse in the Bible where God says, "Come out from among them and be ye separate" continues to come up in my spirit and has caused me to look at how many ways my life is not separate but infected by how this world operates. What do we simply accept without question? I know that wisdom and balance is required in order not to get weird about it; however, I am on a journey with Holy Spirit to learn how to live as a citizen of heaven in a foreign land - earth. In sorting out these issues, worship music is one area that concerns me.

I am uncomfortable with what passes as worship music these days, especially in my church where the drums are a key feature of every service. We used to have wonderful, spirit-lifting music when I first went there. There were even a couple of times that I actually heard angels join in to the singing. It has deteriorated greatly since the leader has pushed music that the "young" people can contribute to the worship band. Am I against young people participating? No, but I am not in favor of the racket we now have to endure in order to get to the message.

Found this article online and thought I would share it. The letter from the Christians in Russia particularly stood out. I am posting that excerpt and the link so you may read the entire article if you are interested. The author points out that drums are associated with voodoo, moloch worhsip and pagan practices.

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

http://www.albatrus.org/english/church-order/worship/drums_suitable_worship_god.htm

Here is a testimonial cry from the Russian churches, which should drive any true believer to a painful repentance:

At one stage the persecuted Christians in Russia sent an urgent message to the Churches of America one of the most shocking and rebuking statements ever made in the two thousand year history of Christianity quote:

"For years we (Russian persecuted Christians) have suffered persecution, and now freedom is bringing another great harm to our churches. This damage is coming from the Christians in America who are sending rock music and evangelists accompanied by rock bands.

Our young people do not attend these meetings because we have all committed not to participate in secular entertainment.

This is a great burden on our hearts. Many came (from America) with Bible in hand and rock music. We are embarrassed by this image of Christianity. We do not know what words to use in urging that this be stopped. We abhor all Christian rock music coming to our country.

Rock music has nothing in common with ministry or service to God. We are very, very against Christian Americans bringing to our country this false image of ‘ministry’ to God. We need spiritual bread; please give us bread, not false cakes. It is true that rock music attracts people to the church, but not to godly living.

We were in prison for years for Christ’s sake. We were not allowed to have Christian music, but rock music was used as a weapon against us day and night to destroy our souls. We could only resist with much prayer and fasting.

Now, we have a time of more openness, and we are no longer taken to prison. However, now it is Christians from America who damage our souls. We do not allow this music in our churches, but they rent big stadiums and infect teenagers and others with their rock music.

We, the leadership and congregations of the Unregistered Union of Churches, the former Persecuted Church, have made an agreement no to allow rock music in our churches. We urge you to join with us, and we advise you to remove rock music from America, and certainly not to bring it to our own country.

Do not desecrate our teenagers with it. Even the unbelievers recognize it as unholy music, and they cannot understand how American Christians can be so much like the world. We can give you the conclusion that after Russian unbelievers have attended these rock concerts where Christ’s Word was preached, they were disappointed and disillusioned with Christianity.

We call this music from Hell. We urge all Americans to stop giving money (to send) such concerts to Russia. We want only traditional Christian music in our churches. This is the unanimous decision of all our leaders."

This statement was signed by leaders of the Underground Church in Russia, and its logic, reasons, and Bible principles are simply unanswerable to rock groups and their supporters. Think of that: poor, humble, suffering Russian Christians are severely rebuking and instructing arrogant, worldly Western Christians.

Re: Should Drums Be Used In Worship

Texas Sue,

Thank you so much for this message. It's great. I agree with what they are saying.

It's good that the Russian christians are speaking up against this. good for them.

Heidi, I sure do know what you mean. So much irrelevance now in our services at such a very critical time in history. We are in a time when great evil is marching across the earth and it seems to be growing exponentially. Israel is in a time of great danger and all friends disappearing like morning mist. Jesus is coming and He said, "When I come will I find faith on the earth?"

In the midst of all this, it seems the majority of the churches in America are completely out of sync with the times and oblivious to its role as a defender of the faith and naked of spiritual armor. I am as discouraged also, Heidi. I am webcasting today with two different church services, one an hour away and the other in Chicago in order to get feed and be able to worship without cringing at the music.

I do know one thing, Jesus is calling us to come out and be separate and to rely only on Him as truth. There is a remnant that is doing this and aware of the times. The watchers for Jesus return are made fun of by other Christians because it is easier for them than to become separate and ostracized by their cozy circles of family and friends.

Texas Sue, I guess you read my message before I changed it too much. I was saying I feel guilty that I have not been going to church lately and don't like the way they talk about irrelevant stuff.

with all that's going on today, Bible prophecy is still not being taught in most churches. they are too busy with their loud music and irrelevant talks and don't have much time to check if everyone sitting in their pews is really saved.

I'm sure the devil is really happy with a lot of today's churches and pastors.

thank you again Texas Sue, I really needed this today. I do agree with you and feel the same. it's good to have someone to talk to.

Texas Sue, That is what Jack Van Impie was talking about. Music that you can't even understand the words. No cross to be seen etc.

I do go to a church that has and uses drums...but it blends in with the worhsip songs that creats a lovely
sound.

Even if you just have electric guitars and nothing else you would still have the same problem if it's not of God. Hope that makes sense. The church looks so much like the world anymore that on less I travel to Somerset 60 miles away I stay home.

Same problem if you have just organs and pianos, but the Spirit of God is not present in the congregation's midst. With that said, I have a question: if guitars can be used for God's glory, why not drums?

They're saying drums are not appropriate because they are associated with vodoo and some other demonic practices. I don't think that would apply for guitars.

Mary, when did Jack Van Impe talk about his. do you remember? I would love to listen to him

thank you

They're also used to provide the rhythm in regular music, which is not demonic. There's nothing sinful about percussion instruments. Only the use that they're put to, in some cases, as in voodoo.

The only thing that makes a song "demonic" for lack of a better term...is the message of the song and or the lyrics and who you are directing them to.

Sound itself is just sound, whether it be a guitar, tom, snare or cymbales ie: drums.

(1Ch 15:28) Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting, and with sound of the CORNET, and with TRUMPETS, and with CYMBALS, making a noise with PSALTERIES and HARPS.

(Psa 150:5) Praise him upon the LOUD cymbals praise him upon the HIGH SOUNDING cymbals.

(ie: Not boring music. Loud music might disturb the elderly, but at least it will keep them awake).

So we have woodwind instruments, stringed instruments and Percussion instruments.

Drums are part of percussion
Guitars are stringed instruments

Sound is sound…and we use sound to worship the LORD no matter where the sound comes from….even beating spoons against the table for a rhythm.

It’s what you do with the sound that counts. I hope this helps.

It's actually very simple.

Side Note: I think Mr. VanImpe doesn't like the messages (lyrics) these "new" so called Christian bands are singing, that sometimes has no relevance to Jesus Christ at all. The best worship songs have drums and cymbals. Be happy and jump for joy and sing to the LORD. What better way than with Drums and Cymbals? IE: Sound.

I can take a nice rythm in a song and put Christian Lyrics and a nice Chorus in it and BAM, it's a Christian song.

I can take the exact same rythm in a song and put some demonic lyrics and BAM, it's no long a Jesus Christ directed worship song.

So that proves Sound is sound, until you add your lyics which will give the song "the message".

heidi

Off and on for the last couple of weeks before he left or was asked to leave TBN.

thank you so much. I would love to hear what he has to say. I can watch it on line.

Now this is an odd thread. I read this forum nearly every day and am EAGERLY waiting for the second coming. I still don't know what I fully believe with regards to the rapture but I do know that Jesus is coming....and hopefully soon.
So why the worry about drums?? It's as if people are afraid of drums but not piano?? I am a pianist at our church (Church of Christ) and we use piano, drums, bass guiter, rhythm guiter, fiddle, organ....some together and sometimes only a portion of them. I guarentee I can play the piano like I was a bar room player or at the silent movies or in a rock band. That doesn't make the instrument bad....same as with the drums.....or whatever is played. If the purpose is to worship God, what does it matter. In our church and apparently here, too, we mistake "CONSERVATIVE" Christianty for "TRADITIONAL" services...They are not the same. I can be very "conservative" and not "traditional". And I can be very "liberal" and "traditional". As long as our beliefs are "conservative", the method is irrelevant. Signed, the church pianist that likes playing like Jerry Lee Lewis!

I agree with Texas Sue and Robert Rose.

There are some rhythms and frequencies that attract evil powers.

If you have the Holy Spirit in you..
He will let you know if the music is of God or not. You can feel it.

When I think of a drummer.. I think of the story of the little drummer boy... I have no gift to bring....Shall I play for you?

You can fool some people but you can't fool God.
So, if you going to play worship music for Him.. You better play it right.,, You don't want to play "Strange Fire".

I persoanlly don't mind this topic... to be honest hearing about all the 'maybies' around the world of bad things happening kinda gets me down... along with 'words from God' that dont come to pass.

While i dont stand on either side of the fence cause I really don't know... I DO see the point about rock music perhapse not being appropriate. I would say definately some songs are inappropriate, and definately if some churches use the drums for hype id say that's manipulative.

Just the other day I read an article about the change in church music and how "we aren't singing the airs of yesterday". The article seemed just like this one except it was written in 1922!!! I am constantly amazed how each generation thinks that their own "style" of music is the only way to worship. By the way, I am 45 so I'm not the "younger generation". Apparently, in 1922 there was an upheaval over the "new fangled" church music that we know think of as old fashioned....and that was before some of the well known gospel songs of today were even written. And to go back further, I'm sure the Christians who sang the "airs" of the late 1800's were chastized for not singing the melodies of the 1700's and early 1800's....and the Christians of the 1700's were chastized for..... and the Christians of the 1600's.... and the Christians of the 1500's...... until we get back to the Jewish psalms and lyrics that the first disciples sang. "Whether in word or deed, whatever you do, do all for the glory of God"....including your own personal choice of music. The end. Matthew the pianist who likes to play like Jerry L Lewis.