Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COSMIC RADIATION ~ NASA Space Shuttle ATLANTIS Encountered Computer Failure

FAIR USE FOR DISCUSSION & EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43779540/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Astronauts fix, haul gear on last shuttle flight.

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida — Astronauts kept busy fixing and hauling gear aboard the linked Atlantis and International Space Station on Saturday, as the last shuttle flight drew closer to an end.

Atlantis' pilots got a jammed storage locker open and retrieved air purifiers for the space station.

In more good news, they brought back online a computer that had abruptly stopped working two days earlier, the second computer failure in five days aboard Atlantis. NASA wants to run more diagnostic testing, but so far the computer seems to be working fine, officials said.

Engineers have yet to figure out why the computer shut down Thursday; cosmic radiation is suspected. The first computer failure was traced to a bad switch throw and quickly fixed.

Atlantis has five of these main computers, each one critical for the trip back to Earth.

Over on the space station, astronauts fixed a treadmill and carried more supplies back and forth.

Atlantis delivered several tons of food, clothes and other household items — enough to keep the space station operating for a full year. The giant cargo canister is being filled back up with station trash that Atlantis will return to Earth on Thursday — the very last landing by a space shuttle.

Meanwhile, celebrity wake-up calls continued. The latest Earth-to-space greeter: singer Beyonce.

Mission Control beamed up a half-minute of her song "Run the World (Girls)" as well as a prerecorded message in which Beyonce saluted astronaut Sandra Magnus, the lone woman among the 10 space travelers.

"This song is especially for my girl, Sandy," Beyonce said, "and all the women who have taken us to space with them, and the girls who are our future explorers."

Magnus replied: "Hopefully, we as a team at NASA can keep our inspirational work up for the young people of America."

NASA is aiming to send astronauts to an asteroid and Mars in the coming decades. Private companies will take over space station supply runs as early as this fall, and ferry flights for astronauts in three to five years.

As for NASA's three space shuttles, they will live out their days as museum displays.

Saturday also marked the 42nd anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11 to the moon.

The Saturn V rocket blasted off July 16, 1969, carrying Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins. The first footsteps on the moon came four days later.