Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gov. Perry Sued Over Prayer Meeting

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

Courts
Religious Freedom Group Sues Perry Over Planned All-Day Prayer Event in Texas

A Wisconsin-based religious freedom group is suing Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a possible Republican presidential contender, in an effort to block his promotion of and participation in an all-day Christian prayer event to be held Aug. 6, arguing that it violates the constitutional separation of church and state.

The Freedom From Religious Foundation, which claims more than 16,000 members, including 700 in Texas, filed the federal lawsuit Wednesday in Houston, contending that Perry’s actions violate the Constitution's Establishment Clause by “giving the appearance that the government prefers evangelical Christian religious beliefs over other religious beliefs and non-beliefs.”

“We always say, beware prayer by pious politicians,” said Annie Laurie Gaylor, who co-directs the group with her husband, Dan Barker, a former evangelical Christian minister who is now an atheist.

(color emphasis mine - looks like a freedom FROM relgion group to me-T/Sue)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/13/religious-freedom-group-sues-gov-perry-over-planned-all-day-prayer-event/#ixzz1S1qaVVdM

Re: Gov. Perry Sued Over Prayer Meeting

Sue,

What does the state of Wisconsin have to do with anything going on in Texas?

What am I missing?

BTW...."Hiya."

Hi Mark W! Good to see you here.

These "freedom of religious" folks are really all athiests, Christopher Hitchens among them. They are viciously going after anyone who stands by Jesus Christ and does not compromise. It is interesting that this day of prayer invitation has been extended to all the other 49 governors and not one has stepped up and declared their support for seeking the aide of Almighty God for our nation.

Gov. Perry rightly stated that there is no other source of help for us but from God Himself. He knows that mankind does not have the answers or the power to come up over the problems we face. Because he had the courage to state that openly and publicly he is now a target of these who hate Jesus and everything He represents. I am glad he had the guts to do so. How sad that so few are willing to even acknowledge that Jesus is God and is the only way out of our messes. Sad day and another sign that we are at the end of the end of days.

Governor Brownback accepted the invitation, I heard it on the radio recently and found a report, he seems like a good guy.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/Brownback_RSVPs_to_Texas_Governors_Day_of_Fasting_Prayer_123434354.html

I didn't realize that "none" of the other 49 governors had not responded.

The time to stand up and be counted is here and now.

Deborah, I am so glad to know that Sam Brownback is planning to attend. He was formerly the Senator from Kansas. I did not know that he was now the governor there. In the excerpt from the article (below) it looks like Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana will also try to attend.

AUSTIN, Texas (CNN) -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry wants you to drop the Texas BBQ, grab a moist towelette and fold your hands to pray this August 6th. On Monday, Perry declared the date a “day of prayer and fasting for our nation’s challenges.”

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback plans on attending The Response and has sent in his RSVP already a Perry spokeswoman said. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal hopes to go according to published reports. Both men are Republicans who are outspoken about their Christian faith.

"America is in crisis, " the Republican governor says on a website promoting the event. "We have been besieged by financial debt terrorism, and a multitude of natural disasters."

Perry invited the 49 other governors in the U.S. to issue similar proclamations, “encouraging their constituents to pray that day for unity and righteousness for our states, nation and mankind.” He wants other governors to join him at Houston's Reliant Stadium, home to the NFL’s Houston Texans, for an August 6 event called The Response, organized by a conservative Christian group.