Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
30,000 In NY's Celebrate Israel Parade

FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

Over 30,000 take part in NY's Celebrate Israel Parade
By JORDANA HORN
05/06/2011

Empire State building lit up in blue, white as city commemorates Israel's 63rd independence with a march up 5th Avenue from 57th to 74th Streets.

NEW YORK – Over 30,000 participants were estimated to have taken part in Sunday’s “Celebrate Israel” parade in New York City, commemorating Israel’s 63rd year of independence with a march up Fifth Avenue from 57th to 74th Streets.

The Empire State Building was lit up in blue and white Saturday night as a tribute to Israel, and blue and white decorations were made the prevailing color along Fifth Avenue.

Additionally, an inaugural four-mile race through Central Park to commemorate Israeli independence prior to the parade was sponsored by the New York Road Runners and the Jewish Community Relations Council of New York.

Over 5000 runners participated in the morning run.

The parade used to be known as the “Salute to Israel” parade, but this year, the name was changed to Celebrate Israel to focus on celebrating Israel’s diversity and strengths. This year’s parade organizers made an effort to touch base with Israelis living in the New York area.

Participants in the parade included New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg; New York Governor Andrew Cuomo; New York Senators Charles Schumer and Kristen Gillibrand; Israeli Minister of Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs Yuli Edelstein; Israeli Consul General Ido Aharoni; and Grand Marshal Joseph Sitt, the New York real-estate developer and CEO of Thor Equities.

One special guest participant was missing, due to having been denied a visa to travel to the parade. Gheorghes (George) Exantus, a Haitian-champion salsa dancer, had had a leg amputated because of damage from the 2010 earthquake. Israeli doctors and physiotherapists treated him and, through prosthesis and rehabilitation, enabled Exantus to dance again within eight months.

Exantus was to participate in the parade and dance at a concert afterwards, however, last week, the US embassy in Haiti denied Exantus a travel visa to the US, fearing Exantus would try to immigrate illegally. New Jersey Senator Robert Menendez appealed the decision, but to no avail.

The parade was broadcast on live television for the first time, and is said to be the largest pro-Israel celebration in the world.

Some people carried signs decrying US President Barack Obama’s recent Middle East speech.

http://www.jpost.com/LandedPages/PrintArticle.aspx?id=223762