Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Harold Camping says not responsible for suicidal followers, will not admit mistake (VIDEO)

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

Harold Camping says not responsible for suicidal followers, will not admit mistake (VIDEO)

Harold Camping, the Doomsday prophet who falsely predicted that May 21, 2011 would be the End of the World, said at an Open Forum on Monday that he is not responsible for the suicidal acts committed by deceived followers.

Lyn Benedetto of Antelope Valley, Calif. slit the wrist and throat of her two daughters and then slit her own, claiming to prevent them from going through the “Tribulation” on May 21, 2011. However, her neighbor discovered the attempted murder and suicide early enough for ambulance to take them to a nearby hospital to be treated.

At the Open Forum of Family Radio in Oakland, Calif. on Monday, Camping said he was not responsible for the acts committed by his followers. And he was also not prepared to tender any public apology or admit that he had made a mistake about his Doomsday prediction.

Complete story & video at link below:

http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/articles/151398/20110524/harold-camping-doomsday-prophet-open-forum-family-radio-may-21-2011-suicide-followers-video.htm

Re: Harold Camping says not responsible for suicidal followers, will not admit mistake (VIDEO)

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

APOCALYPSE NOT

Is the end suddenly at hand for Doomsday preacher?
Christians urge Camping to quit, atheists want Congress to investigate

Posted: May 25, 2011
8:09 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2011 WND

Seattle Atheists are calling for Congress to probe Harold Camping and Family Radio for fraud after another failed prediction for the return of Jesus to Earth.

A broadcaster's failed prediction of Jesus' return to Earth over the weekend is prompting calls for the ouster of the Doomsday preacher and a congressional probe of his broadcasting network.

Harold Camping, 89, of Oakland-Calif.-based Family Radio made worldwide headlines in recent months for his prediction that Judgment Day was guaranteed to be May 21, 2011, prompting many believers to quit their regular jobs to help spread the warning.

It was not the first time Camping got the forecast wrong, having prognosticated the return of Jesus numerous times, including 1994.

"This guy is something else," Richard Myers, the administrator of abibleanswer.org told WND. "We are calling for the Family Radio board to remove him."

He is not able to spread these false doctrines without their direct involvement. There is a great responsibility resting on them to do what is right. By allowing Camping to continue on the air and on the board, they are guilty of all that Harold Camping is guilty of. That guilt increases daily.
Family Radio has made a point of teaching that they follow the Bible, but they are not following the Bible. They are following a man, a man who rejects much Bible truth. They have been given evidence that all may clearly see. A false prophet once is enough, but twice is too much.

On Monday, Camping adjusted his prediction for the end of the world to Oct. 21 of this year.

Myers' group is continuing to offer $1 million to purchase Camping's network of dozens of stations, saying it would take possession Oct. 22 since the broadcaster wouldn't need them after God returns.

"After taking the money of his supporters, let Harold give up all he has to show he believes what he is preaching. He does not, or else he would sell," Myers said.

Read more: Is the end suddenly at hand for Doomsday preacher?http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=303093#ixzz1NYcslf8j

Re: Harold Camping says not responsible for suicidal followers, will not admit mistake (VIDEO)

Val,
I feel bad for those followers of Harold Camping, and for the ones who tried to commit suicide. At the same time, they are not without blame either. Why would anyone put that much trust in a man, rather than God? Why would they blindly believe Harold Camping, rather than believing the Bible? I have my doubts about whether these followers of his were even born again believers, since his teachings are more in line with the Jehovah's Witnesses. I pray that those followers of his will stop listening to Harold Camping and come to believe Jesus as their savior, and study the Bible to understand what it has to say concerning the rapture and the tribulation period.

Kevin

A man who truly loves God and has Jesus in his heart would, first of all, not have made such a bold public claim. Then being wrong, a godly man would have the humility to apologize publicly and admit his error. Since he does not seem to have these qualities it makes me wonder if he is a godly man at all. Jesus warned all who would follow Him to beware of wolves in sheeps clothing and of false christs. So sad to hear that some went to such extreme measures by believing what he said. Heartbreaking!