Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In Wake of Tornado, Official Says 1,500 Are Unaccounted For

LINK

JOPLIN, Mo. — About 1,500 people are unaccounted for in this battered city, a Fire Department official said Tuesday, as rescue workers took advantage of a few hours of sunny weather to continue searching for survivors in buildings leveled by the country’s deadliest tornado in more than 60 years. At least 117 people have died.

================

In TV Crew’s Hunt for Twisters, More Than They Bargained For

LINK

JOPLIN, Mo. — The crew of “The Great Tornado Hunt,” a show about storm chasers on The Weather Channel, had been suffering through a calm spell for the project’s first two weeks.
Multimedia

TimesCast | May 23, 2011

A Rush to Protect Patients, Then Bloody Chaos (May 24, 2011)

“Our worst fear was realized yesterday,” said Mike Bettes, a meteorologist for the Weather Channel who was in Joplin, Mo.
“We had chased Thursday, Friday, Saturday — it had been pretty quiet,” said Greg Forbes, the channel’s tornado forecasting expert, who was with the seven-member crew in the Kansas City area.
That changed on Sunday. The team was the first media crew on the scene in Joplin, arriving just 10 minutes after the tornado touched down.
“Our goal, our hope, is that we see a big beautiful tornado over a cornfield in Kansas,” said Mike Bettes, an on-air meteorologist who led the Weather Channel team. Instead, he said, “our worst fear was realized yesterday.”
They set up across the street from the hospital that took a direct hit from the twister, St. John’s Regional Medical Center.
“People were just walking around aimlessly” Mr. Bettes recalled. “People were in a state of panic. It was chaos.”
Storm chasing has long been an extreme hobby, and it has been spotlighted in recent years by the Internet, which allows semiprofessional chasers to share videos and even live-stream their trips.
These days, it is surprising when a tornado touches down without being captured by someone with a video recorder. Now, as “The Great Tornado Hunt” dramatically illustrates, the experience is being broadcast to television viewers nationwide.
Not only is there the Weather Channel project, which is on hiatus while Mr. Bettes and the crew file reports from Joplin, but there is also the Discovery Channel stalwart “Storm Chasers,” which is now gathering material for its fifth season.
The Weather Channel and Discovery are straddling a sensitive line between public service and entertainment, as is especially evident on days like Sunday. They want to educate people about storms, but certainly are not averse to exciting people about the weather — and keeping them watching for long periods of time.
“It’s TV, and oftentimes people want to be entertained when they watch television,” Mr. Bettes acknowledged. He and his crew kept broadcasting until midnight Sunday local time, then stayed the night at a hotel in Miami, Okla., 25 miles to the west. They were awake again at 3 a.m. and on the air at 5 a.m. They left their satellite truck parked outside the hospital overnight in case they were unable to get back to the spot Monday morning.
Mr. Bettes has been able to broadcast live thanks to technology originally used by NBC during the Iraq war, which allows a moving truck to lock onto a stable satellite uplink. The crew is scheduled to chase storms for two more weeks.
“We feel an obligation to get out and watch and warn,” Mr. Bettes said.
Even as the Weather Channel crew made the transition to breaking-news outlet, Discovery was broadcasting “The Sound and the Fury: Behind the Killer Tornados of 2011,” based on the “Storm Chasers” proximity to the twisters that leveled much of Tuscaloosa and its surroundings in April.
As it happens, the “Storm Chasers” crew was far from Joplin, a Discovery Channel spokesman, Joshua Weinberg said. The “Tornado Hunt” team had not started work when the Tuscaloosa tornadoes struck.
Clark Bunting, the president of the Discovery Channel, said that he had complete confidence in the judgment of the storm chasing crew members, but that he worried about imitators.
“My fear isn’t the pros,” he said. “It would be the guy who says, ‘Hey, honey, let’s hop into the SUV and see a tornado.’ ”
Storm chasers monitor severe weather to decide where to go. But predicting tornadoes is inexact, Dr. Forbes said.
Team members are looking to be about a mile away from a twister as it is forming, he said. If a tornado takes a turn toward them, “we are generally pretty good at reading the radar and can drive away from it,” he said.
“We usually position ourselves such that we have vehicles facing away and quickly drive away,” Dr. Forbes said. “If that wasn’t possible, we dive into a ditch.”
On Sunday night, the storm slowed the Weather Channel crew on its way to Joplin. If not, it might have arrived at the same time as the tornado.
“We decided to stop about 10 miles out of Joplin, and it passed nearly directly overhead,” Mr. Bettes said. “Not a tornado, but a nice thunderstorm.”
When crew members did arrive, they underwent a transition that happens to many longtime storm chasers — from appreciators of the natural beauty to witnesses of raw devastation.
On Monday morning, sitting in an SUV on West 26th Street in Joplin, Mr. Bettes seemed clearly still rattled by what he had seen the night before.
“It changes how you broadcast and what you broadcast,” he said as his eyes darted left and right, taking in the landscape that had been sliced open on both sides of the street.
He said he expected the experience to make him speak more seriously when broadcasting tornado warnings. “I think we all get a little numb from them,” he said.
But not today, and not tomorrow.
Brian Stelter reported from Joplin and Noam Cohen from New York.

Re: In Wake of Tornado, Official Says 1,500 Are Unaccounted For

Speaking of tornadoes, there's another bad one right now. It's in Oklahoma as I type this, and they're showing it on the Weather Channel. It's a wedge-shaped tornado--possibly an F5. They're calling it a killer tornado.

If you get the Weather Channel they are REALLY following them, Kathy. I thought about you when they were showing this. They are saying something about Norman now.

KEEP SAFE!!!!

Thanks, Calvin. Fortunately, I live in southeastern Oklahoma and these tornadoes are upstate in Oklahoma County.

Our local channels are covering it, too.

We have deaths in Oklahoma. They don't know how many yet. It came through Oklahoma City at the beginning of rush hour. Cars were seen to just be sucked up. Scary day here. One tornado lifted before it went over our town. Our family members have been keeping in touch. All are fine.

Karla Jo,

Good to hear you and your family are alright, thank God!

It's so sad, that so many people have died recently through these terrible disasters. I hope and pray that those that died were saved. For those who were not saved and died their terror has just begun.

Praying for all the people in the way of these vicious storms and Tornados, floods, fires, etc. etc.
Perilous times are here, another sign of the Lord's soon return!

Lord have mercy on your children, and send Jesus to take us home! Amen!

Praying for all involved!

Valerie

Amen, Valerie.....praying for all of these
people.

There is a young preacher named Nathan, who said this was going to be an epic year. The Lord gave him that word on New Years Eve for 2011.

Things are just beginning, as Valerie said.

I pray for all of our family here at RFTH ~
I was praying for TxSue last night. I hope
she is okay? Has anyone heard from her?

no, maybe there was a power outage, but should be back up by now,

we had a lot of hail, rain and the clouds were low, dark and moving in circles, but nothing materialized,

my friends in FW saw a couple of swirls start to come down but went back up,

the storm was everywhere and as awesome everywhere too here in central Texas.

Hope Texas Sue is all right.

Thanks, Deborah.
Oh, yes, makes sense that there may be
power outages to deal with. I hope she pops
in soon to let us know she is okay.

The news last night for FW/Dallas area was really
frightening!

Glad you and your friends are safe!!

Sounds like this system is moving towards the
east tonight.

Texas Sue,
We are thinking about you sister. I pray that your ok after those storms went through. Let us know if your ok, if you still have power in your home. God bless you Sue!

Kevin

Texas Sue,

We have you in our prayers, I hope you are alright!

Please drop us a line, as soon as you are able too!

In Jesus' Love,

Valerie

You are all too kind and thoughtful. Thanks so much for asking about me. I have been off the computer a lot because of all the lightning here for the last several days. My last computer got fried by lightning so I am very careful now to unplug this one and stay off of it if storms are stirring around. I am just now getting caught up with all the news. Thanks again and may God bless you all richly for your prayers.

I don't blame you, Texas Sue. I don't just turn my computer off when there's a thunderstorm in the area, I unplug it as well. So I definitely understand your decision to do the same. It's good to have you back, gal! We were hoping you had escaped the tornadoes.

Sue,

I'm glad to hear that you're alright!

God is good!

We're happy to have you back safe and sound!

Blessings in Christ!

Valerie