Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What about kids that parents leave behind?

I have been a rapture watcher for about a year now. For the most part, I would say that most Christians in my church are amillinialists or at the least not dispensationalists. For years, I never thought much about the end times, but after studying Romans again I suddenly saw what the Jewish nation's role appears to be at the end times. So after studying Revelation, I suppose I would be in the rapture (pre trib)group. Overall, I don't think it matters since I'm saved no matter what.....but I do hope the rapture pre trib is correct!.....Now for the question....I can't rectify in my mind that the rapture is correct using this scenerio: My wife and I are both Christians, as are our 2 children. They are 18 and 16 (so therefore above the age of accountibility). What IF, however, the 16 was not saved? I can't see the logic in God taking me, my wife, and the older one out and leaving a 16 year old to fend for herself during a tribulation. It doesn't make sense to me that He would allow teens to be by themselves....It seems like they would have no chance, then! Please help me understand this question so I can continue to have hope in a pre trib rapture. Thanks

Re: What about kids that parents leave behind?

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to Rapture Flight to Heaven!

Perhaps, this might help somewhat to answer your question!

Click the url below:

http://www.raptureready.com/terry/children-rapture.html

Blessings in Christ,

Valerie

And in regards to what Terry said about children, I am in full agreement.

However, Matthew's children are over the age of accountability, yet at the same time, one of them is under-age. Not old enough, yet, to be allowed to make his own decisions as to where he will live, what he will do, etc. What if one of them--say, the 16-year-old--was lost when the Rapture happened? That's what Matthew is wondering about.

Hello Matthew,

Firstly, we(myself included) need to understand how absolutely holy, righteous,loving and good our Lord is; One who never ever makes an error of judgment. Concerning children He says of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Secondly, involves the age of accountability. I mean do scriptures give us any idea? Well, some use the Jewish Bar Mitzvah age of 12 years as an example. I`m not so sure. I believe it could be earlier or much later. Now why do I say much later? Because physical age quite likely is not the determining factor God uses to establish accountability. Too many variables in the child to determine accountability by age alone.

My personal belief is that God determines age of accountability by spiritual means. We know that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sinners in three areas...of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. When the Holy Spirit comes upon and convicts a child/adult for the first time(which convicting may extend over many days perhaps) that child/adult has reached the age of accountability and either receives Christ in salvation or rejects the work of the Spirit, thus becoming an unbeliever.

Therefore, in your example of the 16 year old, only God knows if His Spirit ever exercised His convicting work upon that child. If He has already done so and the child believes, the rapture awaits to take her. If the child has rejected the Spirit`s work and the rapture happens, she is left behind and enters the Tribulation Period.

Grace to you,

Harry

Harry,

What comes to mind are a couple of verses!

Corinthians 7:14
For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, THEY ARE HOLY!

The Lord commanded us to be holy as He is holy, to be "holy in every aspect of (our) conduct" (see 1 Pt 1:15-16). Holiness is the very character of God, and our heavenly Father wants His children to act and look like Him. We are called to be a "holy nation" (1 Pt 2:9), and the Lord is coming back a final time for a holy Church, "holy and immaculate, without stain or wrinkle or anything of that sort" (Eph 5:27). Without holiness, we cannot go to heaven and see God (Heb 12:14).

Therefore, PERHAPS,IF the parents are HOLY then the children ARE CONSIDERED TO BE HOLY, they WILL be taken even if they are older than the age of accountability!

I think the Lord may take this fact into consideration!

This is how I see, that it might be done. Remember,
the Lord's ways are always higher than our ways! He works in mysterious ways!

Blessings!

Valerie

Valerie,

You raise good points. The Lord is very gracious and full of mercies and there
is no way of knowing how He will handle children at the time of rapture other than
by His ways. I can speculate all day long
but in the end the Lord decides all issues.

We can be sure that His decisions will not
violate His Word for that is His character.
He will never do any action in violation of His character. Since He is supremely good and
full of compassion, we can have great hope.

We can also be sure that the sanctifying effect of a sister/brother on an unsaved spouse and any children living within the
Christian household will most likely lead
to their salvation. I believe this is what
I Cor.7:14 is saying.

As always, the Lord be praised for His inscrutable and mysterious ways!

Endeavoring to display His character in my behavior,

Harry

Unfortunately, a lot of spouses, all over the world, are going to be left behind. No one can ride to Heaven on his parents' or spouse's coattails. Be nice if one could! =) We will see how God deals with young people who are over the age of accountability, but still under-age. But husbands and wives who are unsaved are most definitely going to be left behind, unless they turn in faith to Christ before the Rapture.

Kathy G.

I think you misunderstood me. I agree with you that no one is able to ride to Heaven on someones coattails.

I Cor.7:14 is not saying that. What it is saying is that the unbelieving spouse is living in the same household as the believer. This provides the unbeliever the opportunity to live in close proximity to the spouse who is saved and church members who visit. This closeness allows the unsaved spouse to see the love and grace of God`s people and be influenced by them. This, hopefully, will lead the unsaved to become born again.

Hope this helps :),

Harry

OK, I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying. I quite agree.

I do appreciate those that have responded and I have been checking in periodically to see the varied responses to my original question. I certanly understand that God is fully love and fully Holy. As a result, His decision will be correct, but I still have a difficult time rectifying this one issue. I know that this is a rapture forum so I am not trying to alter anyone's opinion on the pre trib rapture. But this one issue that I came to begin wondering about months ago has continued to concern/puzzle/cause me to wonder if the rapture as "rapturists" think of it is actually correct. I know that this actually doesn't matter since we as Christians will be alright in the end......I'm just hoping for a lot less tribulation to get to the end!! (please keep giving your thoughts on this question as I like keeping my hope alive that we can be gone (raptured) before all the final prophecies are fulfilled. Matthew

One thing we can all rest assured of, Matthew: every person who would go to Heaven if he died will go to Heaven in the Rapture. That includes every child under the age of accountability. Since the Tribulation is God's wrath and the last 7 years of the Age of the Law (and the Time of Jacob's Trouble), we will not be here for that.

Now, as for young people who are unsaved and over the age of accountability, but under-age: all I can say is, we will see how God handles them.