Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Jack Van Impe & the 52 Year Generation" Steven Mullin

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

Steve Mullin (3 Jan 2011) 5 Doves Site
"Jack Van Impe & the 52 Year Generation"

I've gotta say I had never heard that a generation is 52 years from any other Bible scholar or source. After watching the show, it does actually make some sense the way Jack explained it.

For those who haven't seen it, he gets that figure by claiming that God woke him up at 4:45 in the morning and asked him if he had missed something when he originally made his dvd offer about 2012. He claims the rapture should be calculated from the recapture of Jerusalem instead of the Israel-being-born-in-a-day date of 1948. Adding 52 years to 1967 equates to 2019. Then subtracting the seven year tribulation, he comes to the date of 2012, possibly correlating to the popular Mayan calendar. The following are recaps I found on the net from another viewer of the episode:

“Well he's referring to what I've said in the past, that in Mark 1:17, there were 42 generations, and that is from Abraham to Christ, a total of 2160 years. So when one divides 42 into 2160, it comes out to basically 51.5 years. So a generation is not 40 years as we so often said, or others have said, but 51.4. Then when we get to Luke chapter 3, verses 23 to 38, there are 77 generations from Adam to Christ and that's 4,000 years. When one divides 77 into 4,000, he also comes out to 51.9 years. So a generation is 51 years. We begin counting this countdown to the return of Christ from the time that Jerusalem is captured by the Jews, Luke 21:24, because the 70 weeks are determined upon thy people, the Jews, Daniel 9:24. So when one adds 51.5 to 1967, when the Jews captured Jerusalem, it comes out to 2018.

and

"In the light of everything we've said today this is such an important question. I have read the book The Fingerprints of the Gods. It's a tremendous volume and it covers the Inca and Aztec calendars, both ending on December 25th, 2012. Now, what could it mean? When they talk about the end of the world, as far as the Incas and Aztecs are concerned, they don't mean the end of the world because they have five endings and one of them was Noah's experience with the flood. It didn't end the world. Furthermore, as you know and as I’ve said already in this program, the world is never going to end, Isaiah 45:17 and Ephesians 3:21. So what could it mean? Oh, I'm excited. In Matthew 1 verse 17 it lists 42 generations from Abraham to Christ. 42. Historically, that covers 2,160 years. Divide 42 into that number and you come out to 51.4 years. What's the countdown? Jerusalem being taken by the Jews, for Jerusalem starts the seven-year period of tribulation, Daniel 9:24. Add 51.4 to 1967 and you come out to 2018. But I just saw this, this week: you add the extra six months because it happened in June of '67 and the 4/10 and you come out to 2019 and take away the 7 from that and you come out to 2012. "

Anyway, possibly another piece of the puzzle we are looking for as we all watch.

Steve Mullin

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/jan2011/stevem13.htm

Re: "Jack Van Impe & the 52 Year Generation" Steven Mullin

I was just wondering this same thing if the countdown starts with the recapture of Jerusalem instead of Israel becoming a nation in 1948!

Valerie

Zechariah 12

2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 4In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. 5And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.

Dave (5 Jan 2011) 5 Doves Site
"Re: Jack Van Impe & The 52 Year Generation by Steve Mullin (1-3)"

Hi Steve:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your article and comment on Jack Van Impe’s 52 year generation finding. It was very encouraging for me to read this. You see I posted an article on December 21, 2010: http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/dec2010/davew1221.htm and came to virtually the same conclusions as Jack Van Impe. I personally believe this is a “huge piece of the puzzle” that needs to get out to our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Anyway in my calculations, I found the generation to be exactly 51 years, 231 days. If you add this to May 14, 1948, the date Israel was born in a day (which I did 11 years ago), amazingly it came to the final day of the 6th Millennium: December 31, 2000! This was no coincidence.

About a month ago, while studying the times of the Gentiles fulfillment in Luke 21:24, It hit me like a bolt of lightning, that I needed to add the length of the generation to June 7, 1967 (6-7 67) when Jerusalem was recaptured from the Arabs, and came back under the control of Israel! At the same time I was also studying the very rare Solar and Lunar eclipses coming on Jewish Holy days in 2014, and 2015. You see, if you subtract 1948 from 2015, you come up with 67, the year Jerusalem came back under the control of Israel. If you subtract 67 from 2015, you come up with 1948, the year Jerusalem was born in a day.

Again Steve thanks for posting Jacks info, it really meant a lot to me and was confirmation I was on the right track.

In His Service,

Dave

watchman@thewatchmanstime.com

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/jan2011/dave15.htm

Dave Watchman (21 Dec 2010)
"The Timing of God's Visitation to the Gentiles"
By Dave Watchman

It is the belief of this author, that the timing of Christ’s 2nd Coming (visitation) to earth, can actually be gleaned from the words of the Gospel of Luke, which was written long ago for the benefit of the Gentiles. It will be shown in this writing, the length of the last generation mentioned in Luke 21:32, is calculated from the 3rd Chapter of Luke to be exactly 51 years, 231 days! Knowing the length and the “exact date” when the last generation began, allows us to calculate “the time of the end” will most likely begin in the next 5 years between Passover of 2011 to Passover of 2016! To understand how we arrived at this “window of opportunity”, let us briefly study in order, these great truths found in the Gospel of Luke.

The Gospel (good news) of Luke, was written to the Gentiles around 63 A.D., by a physician named Luke (Col 4:14), who was a companion to the Apostle Paul (2Tim 4:11 & Philemon 1:24). Dr. Luke would naturally have had an analytical mind to “set things in order” due to his profession, and would have acquired an “end time mindset” from his close association with Paul (1Cor 10:11).

Now Luke was acutely aware the Jews and Jerusalem had missed the time of their visitation (1st coming) of God (Lu 19:44), therefore he wrote the Gospel of Luke to the Gentiles, so they would be watching and know the order and timing of the 2nd visitation (coming) of God mentioned in Luke 21:27!

The Gospel of Luke is different from the other Synoptic Gospels, in the fact that it has a prologue or introduction (1:1-4), wherein Luke enables the readers to better understand the purpose of the Gospel, and make its destination clear. The Gospel of Luke also has a sequel: The Book of Acts, written as well by Luke (for an example read Acts 1:9-11).

In the introduction, Luke makes the case he was certainly qualified to write this good news, since he had perfect understanding of all things from the very first (1:3), and therefore was able to write the chronology of these events in order (1:3), and make the reader know the certainty of those things written in the Gospel of Luke (1:4).

Dr. Luke’s “world view” divides the Gospel of Luke into three major time periods: #1 the time of the “Law and the Prophets” continues to John the Baptist (Luke 16:16), #2 the time of Jesus earthly ministry where “the Gospel of the Kingdom of God” was preached (16:16b), and #3 the time of Grace when the Church age begins after the ascension, and continues until Christ’s return (Luke 24: 31-32, 45, 49-53).

Luke’s Account of The Birth of Jesus and His Extraordinary Family Tree

Luke writes in exceptional detail about the time and events surrounding the miraculous birth of Jesus. In one of those events we are told about a devout man of Jerusalem named Simeon who had been promised by God that he would see the Messiah before he died. When Joseph and Mary took baby Jesus to the Temple for the performance of the purification rites according to the Law, Simeon was prompted by the Holy Spirit to take baby Jesus in his arms, and utter these prophetic words: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel (Luke 2:30-32).

Simeon also predicted to Mary how the suffering of Jesus’ redemptive work would affect the future destiny of the Nation of Israel, and would be like a sword that would pierce her soul: … Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against…(Luke 2:34-35).

Then in the third chapter of Luke, we are given an amazing record of the generations of the Son of God from his supposed father Joseph, all the way back to Adam who was also the son of God. You will find the word “son” listed “76 times” in Luke 3:23-38, or in other words, “there are 76 generations from Adam to Jesus”. If we could determine the length of time that stretched from Adam to Jesus, then we could determine the average length of those prophetic generations, and thereby determine the exact length of the last generation referred to in Luke 21:32!

Calculating The Length of the Last Generation

In Isaiah 41:22, we are instructed to shew the former things and consider them, that we can know the latter end of them and declare things to come. Then in Isaiah 46:9-10, we are given another clue that further states the end can be declared from the beginning (Genesis), by remembering the former things of old.

So if we go all the way back to the 4th day of the re-creation in Genesis 1:14-19, we learn that God made two great lights to shine on the 4th day: the sun and the moon. The sun being the greater light was made to rule over the day, while the moon being the lesser light was made to rule over the night, and in 1:14 the text states: … and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and for years:

Now in the Old Testament, Moses stated in Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. So Moses here was prophetically speaking about a thousand years are like a day to the Lord when it is past, and it was also like a watch in the night. Since there are four watches in the night (Matt 14:25), we can further conclude 4-days to the Lord represents 4000 years!

In the new Testament, Peter confirms Moses statement that a day represents a thousand years to the Lord, by stating in 2Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that a day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So it certainly wouldn’t be ignorant of me to “show the former things” in Gen 1:14 where the “sun” light appeared on the 4th day, and consider this prophetically represents 4000 years to the birth of Jesus (1-day = 1000 years), where Simeon proclaimed Jesus was “A light” in Luke 2:32! Furthermore, it also would not be ignorant of me to divide the 4000 years from Adam to Jesus, by the “76 generations” recorded in Luke 3:23-38, to arrive at the average length of the generations of Jesus to be 51 years, 231 days, which would also represent the length of the last generation as well.

The Starting Date of the Last Generation

So now let’s move forward toward the end of Luke, and see if there are any clues that will allow us to calculate the exact starting point of the last generation Jesus mentioned in Luke 21:32. The clue we are searching for, can be found in Luke 21:24, which reads And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The key that unlocks this mystery is something extraordinary that happened to Jerusalem, after the word until. Please allow me to explain.

The first sentence of verse 24 was fulfilled on August 10, 70 A.D. when Jerusalem was set ablaze, and the Temple destroyed by Syrian troops under the control of the Roman Empire. Every stone from the Temple was thrown down and scraped clean of the gold that was inlaid on them, thus fulfilling the prophecy by Jesus in Luke 21:5-7. Also in 70 A.D., the “Great” Diaspora began where the Jews fell by the sword, and were led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem was trodden down of the Gentiles, until “June 7, 1967”, the end of the modern 6-day war that miraculously allowed Jerusalem to be re-captured from the Arabs, and taken back under the control of the “re-birthed” Nation of Israel!

Therefore, we can conclude the text in Lu 22:24 jumped 1897 years into the future, from the time Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D. “until” Jerusalem was re-captured on “June 7, 1967”. This I believe is the exact date the clock began to tick on the last generation, which lasts 51 years and 231 days to January 23, 2020 A.D. Jesus said in Luke 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Peering Into The Window of Opportunity

Now, since the date of this writing is December 18, 2010, this makes the return of Christ and the fulfillment of all things in this last generation to occur sometime within the next “nine years”! Furthermore, by aligning the events of Christ’s 2nd coming with the “three” yet to be fulfilled “fall feasts”: Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles, which are actually “Divine appointments” found in Leviticus 23:23-44 (Sept-Oct 2019), and then subtracting either a 3½ year tribulation period (Spring 2016), or a 7 year tribulation period (fall 2012), depending on your belief system; greatly narrows the scope of this approaching window of opportunity. Or in other words simply put, I believe the time of the end will begin sometime within the next five years, between the spring of 2011 and the spring of 2016!

If you step back and examine this time frame closely, you will discover the highly touted year “2012” falls in the middle (“3½ yrs.” in Passover on 04/11/12) of the current “7-year Sabbatical cycle” (expires 09/23/15), which fits into this window of opportunity; as well as some amazing “signs in the heavens” occurring in the years 2014 and 2015. These are a series of solar and lunar eclipses that astonishingly occur on Jewish Holy Days! The chances of these occurring, especially during this window of opportunity, are astronomical to say the least! To learn more, Google: “Eclipses on Jewish Holy Days in 2014 and 2015”.

An Amazing Convergence Involving the End of the 6th Millennium

An interesting foot note to this study, is a parable Jesus spake concerning the re-birth of the Nation of Israel (fig tree) on May 14, 1948, and the other trees shooting forth leaves (Arab Nations surrounding Israel becoming re-birthed due to oil wealth). In Luke 21:29-31 the text states And he spake unto them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Amazingly, if you add the length of the last generation: 51 years, 231 days to May 14, 1948, which is the date of the re-birth of the modern Nation of Israel, you come to December 31, 2000: THE END OF THE 6th MILENNIUM!!

A careful reading of the text in Genesis 2:2 and Hosea 6:1-2, suggests the shattering events associated with the “1000 year Day of the Lord” will transition over a period of time,

rather than “explode on the scene” abruptly on its first day, which was January 1, 2001. In Genesis 1:31-2:2, the text reads And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made... (Not at the end of the 6th day in 1:31). Then in Hosea 6:1-2, the text states After two days (2000 years which ended 12-31-2000) will he revive us: in the third day (Not “ON” the third day) he will raise us up, and we (the Jews) shall live in his sight. So clearly these texts seem to suggest the changeover from the 6000 years of man’s government to the 1000 years of God’s Government will transition over about 20 years if our findings are correct!

What Would Life Be Like Just Before Entering “The Time of The End”?

Now I ask you, since January 1st, 2001, have you noticed any drastic changes in the world we live in? Have troubles and pressures dramatically increased in you and your family’s lives? Remember 9-11? How about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars fought inside the beast’s future kingdom, that we are still fighting? Did you know about Al-Qaeda, Shia, and Sunni Muslims back in the 90’s? Flown on an airplane lately and scanned by TSA? Remember the underwear, shoe, and Times Square bombers? Remember all the great earthquakes, famines, pestilences, volcanos, floods, fires, hurricanes, blizzards, temperature extremes, oil spills, and tsunamis in the last ten years? Now look at the worldwide recession that began in 2008, which by the way we are still in as of this writing, which threatens the economies of so many powerful nations around the world including ours! Who ever heard of countries like Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Spain, Italy, England, the European Union, and our own State of California on the verge of collapse? What do you think about Israel’s plight, that she is now completely surrounded by many, many Arab rockets, and hateful nations like Iran that soon will have Nuclear weapons, and openly call for her destruction?

Yes, I definitely believe we have entered “the transitional period” that separates the 6th Millennium and the 7th Millennial “Day of the Lord”; and shortly may experience the onset of the Biblical Tribulation events at some point in time between 2011 and 2016!

So What Should We Do Seeing The Time Of The End Is So Near?

#1 Believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God that died for your sins, was buried, and rose again the third day, according to the Scriptures. Pray now and ask Christ to save you, and come live in your heart; then tell others (John 3:16, Acts 2:21 & Romans 10:9-10).

#2 Take care of your family by stocking and rotating at least a six-month food and water supply. When the beast in the Middle East arises, oil flow will stop and our economy will crash! (1Timothy 5:8 & Matthew 24: 45-47, 2Thess 2:1-3)

#3 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man (Luke 21:36).

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? (1John 5:4-5 KJV)

www.thewatchmanstime.com

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/dec2010/davew1221.htm