Homepage of gail hart Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Feel free to start a topic, post a question, an answer, a comment, a message, or an opinion!

Homepage of gail hart Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
discussion on questions from exam

Hi, everyone! I hope you're all doing well!

I'm in catch up mode.

I do have several questions from the test.

On the Prenatal Course:

Number 16: How can a woman encourage beneficial bacteria/a healthy vaginal balance? I said to eat yogurt daily or a probiotic. Anybody else? Gail? Eneyda?

Number 18: List several methods to produce a healthy vaginal flora? Abstinence, limit no. of sexual partners, douching. Anybody else? Gail? Eneyda?

Number 23: What might I mean when a urine dipstick shows glucose/sugar in the urine? That she ate too much sugary food in the meal previous to her urine test. What else? Anybody? Gail? Eneyda?

Number 43: How often would you recommend taking heat tones in labor? From what I read, every hour in early labor, every 1/2 hour in active, and every 5-10 minutes during 2nd stage. Gail, Eneyda, what do you recommend for this? I know we've talked about this.

Under Labor and Birth:

Number 68: What is an average contraction pattern which shows a woman is entering in active labor? I found 3-5 minutes, lasting 60 seconds for one hour. Anybody else? Gail? Eneyda?

Number 69: What are some signs the woman may be nearing second stage?

trembling, nausea, vomiting, deeper vocalizations, grunting Anybody else? Gail or Eneyda?

Number 75: When should you encourage a woman to stop pushing?

I thought when the baby's head is easing out, to prevent tearing. Anybody else? Gail? Eneyda?

Finally, under Postpartum:

100. When can a baby take his first bath?

I thought right away. In an on line place, it said preferably after 6 hours, when the baby's temperature is stabilized. Anybody else? Gail? Eneyda?

Warmly,

Ginny

Email: gem1a@msn.com

Re: discussion on questions from exam

OK everbody!

Jump on in and start typing!

Email: hdw4@msn.com