Return to Website

My Allaire/Dallaire Genealogy Forum

Welcome to my Genealogy Forum!

Please post any questions or remarks you may have about your genealogy here.

*Please post any comments about my web site in my Guest Book

Bienvenue en Francais ~ Bienvenido en Espanol

Thanks ~ Merci ~ Gracias. Phil Dallaire

My Allaire/Dallaire Genealogy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Apollinaire Dallaire

Hello Sue Schon,

>My question is this: How reliable is the information in the Loiselle Marriage Index, ...

I personally have not used this index. You can find more info about it here...

http://globalgazette.net/gazrt/gazrt5.htm

>and has anyone heard of my people? ... Yes! I have added & corrected what you have set me in red below.

My information comes from...

the book, "Les Familles Allaire et Dallaire" by Violette Allaire (Québec 1962). The French publication is available for reference at the Toronto Public Reference Library (call # 929.2 A48 A482) and the Société de généalogie du Saguenay.

English translations by Royal P. Allaire (Salem, Mass. 1979), are available at the Library of Congress in Washington D.C. (call # CS90.A53 1979) and the Newberry Library of Chicago (call # CS90 .A53 1979).

You can also find most of the book on-line at...

http://members.rogers.com/rbarkhouse/more.html .

> My grandmother was Louisiana/Lausianne Dallaire, b. 2 April 1881, m. 27 June 1898 in St. Samuel de Gayhurst, Frontenac, Quebec to Alphonse Roberge (his parents were François Xavier Roberge & Philomene Blouin). Her parents were Appollinaire Dallaire (692C) and Desanges Blais (daughter of Jean-Baptiste Blais & Marie-Louise Pelchat) (m.July 11, 1876 in Lambton, Frontenac, Quebec). Someone recently looked them up in the Loiselle Marriage Index and I discovered Apollinaire's parents were Romain Dallaire (356C) and Esther Denis-Lapierre (daughter of Etienne Denis-Lapierre & Angélique Morissette) m. Feb 28, 1836 St-Charles Bellechasse).

Continued lineage...

(186C)

Pierre Allaire & Angélique LaCroix (daughter of Pierre LaCroix & Josephte Nolin) m. January 22, 1804 at St Charles Bellechase.

(95C)

Pierre Allaire & Nathalie Chabot (daughter of Thérese Leclerc) m. February 03, 1778 at St-Michel (Bellechase).

(42C)

Pierre Allaire & Maire Marthe Thibeault (daughter of Louis Thibeault & Cécile Fournier) m. February 18, 1742/43 at St Michel (Bellchase).

(11C)

Joseph Allaire & Madeleine Bidet (daughter of Jacques Bidet & Françoise Desfossés) m. February 10, 1705/06 at Saint-Jean, Ile dé Orleáns, Montmorency, Québec - Ct Genaple, 26-11-1706.

(4C)

Charles Allaire *First Canadian Ancestor & Catherine Fiebvre (daughter of Fiacre Fiebvre & Jacquette DuSol) m. November 10, 1663 at Par. Notre-Dame, Québec - Ct Duquet, 31-10-1663.

Sébastien Allaire & Perrine Florisson (daughter of René de la Caillère (Vendée)) m. January 24, 1628/29 at Saint-Philibert du Pont Charrault, Canton Chantonnary, Vendée, France.

Guillaume Allaire born Abt. 1578, La Roche-Sur-Yon, Lucon, Poitou, France.

(The numbers in blue are reference numbers from the book, "Les Familles Allaire et Dallaire" by Violette Allaire (Québec 1962).)

* If you have any further info or corrections please let me know!

Thanks

Phil Dallaire

Tecumseh, ON

Canada

e-mail: phildallaire@sympatico.ca

<(©¿©)>

My Allaire/Dallaire Family Genealogy web site...

http://www3.sympatico.ca/phildallaire/genealogy.html

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My grandmother was Louisiana Dallaire, b. 2 April 1881, m. 27 June 1898 in St. Samuel de Gayhurst, Frontenac, Quebec to Alphonse Roberge. Her parents were Apollinaire Dallaire and Desanges Blais (m.1876 in Lambton, Frontenac, Quebec). Someone recently looked them up in the Loiselle Marriage Index and I discovered Apollinaire's parents were Romain Dallaire and Esther Denis-Lapierre. From there I was able to follow the line back to Charles Allaire (arrival Canada in 165 .

My question is this: How reliable is the information in the Loiselle Marriage Index, and has anyone heard of my people?