Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Illinois findings?

Just wondering if anyone is finding any yellows in central Illinois yet it is probably a little early yet, and last night got below 50 and is only supposed to get up to 66 today. Will probably go out today and check it out I will get back and let everyone know how I did...

Email: talkin_smack1

State: IL Central

Re: Illinois findings?

I live in Northern Ill. ( Lee County ) and we have not found any yet......

Email: meb07@grics.net

State: Ill.

I'M BY LASALLE/PERU, I WENT OUT ON 4/25/08, AND FOND
ABOUT 100 1-3 INCH GRAYS. NO YELLOWS YET.

Email: THE80ROX@YAHOO .COM

State: NORTH CENTRAL IL

Im going out to check for my 4th time in the last week, havent found nothing yet will hit this up later today if i get some, GOOD LUCK!

Email: find_the_courage_24@hotmail.com

State: illinois, near knoxville

I live in Chicago, and called my brother last sunday who lives near Saint Louis and told him to get out of bed and look. He found 500 mushrooms all in one spot. He sent some up to me they were great! I hope to go hunting up hear soon.

Email: komatth@aol.com

State: Illinois

Well fellow hunters, the wife, kids and I went out yesterday and found 20-25 medium sized yellow's they are soaking in salt water as we speak. Can't wait to get home from work and fry them up.. Good luck to everyone, the weather is supposed to get pretty chilly here in central Illinois, so not sure how good next week will be for finding any. Does anyone know what temp is ideal I think lows in the mid 40's and highs in the low 60's next week is what we are looking at. Probably not ideal temps..

Email: talkin_smack1

State: IL Central

I found a few half frees on the 25th by Stockton.

State: P.C. IL

Re: Re: Illinois findings?

glad to hear someone is finding somthen, my lady and i went out yesterday and didnt find a **** thing, hope the ones u got taste better than normal u lucky bug

--dave

Email: find_the_courage_24@hotmail.com

State: illinois, near knoxville

Found a few small grays in Winnebago County in a spot that we found some late last season.Been looking for over a week in new spots and decided to ck it out.They were at the top of a wooded north facing hill with a open field next to it [AFTERNOON SUN]. Tiptoed out so we wouldn't stop on any other little guys.Hope they survive the cold!Biggest one the size of your thumb nail.KEV

Email: icefisher44@sbcglobal.net

State: Rockford Illinois

Found about 40 greys...no yellows yet

Email: cubbies@grics.net

State: Lee County (North)