Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
found some!!

Went to Desoto park today. Only found 3 but there were others out that had nice ones. Mostly yellows. Along river, there is TONS of places to go. I think with the weather getting warm this weekend, we should have some awsome hunting. Only went for an hour today.
DeSoto is by Missouri Valley, along the Mo. River

Email: mbever101@yahoo.com

State: Iowa

Re: found some!!

m desoto park and wilson island has more mushroom hunters than anywhere in the state and the poison ivy is the worst there than anywhere try some other spots like viking lake in red oak or look at locations for public areas in loess hills and if you do hunt desoto get there first thing when they open as you have more competition there than you can deal with.remember viking lake next week after heat this weekend.

Email: johnbomaha@aol.com

State: ia

reply to m in ia

m desoto park and wilson island has more mushroom hunters than anywhere in the state and the poison ivy is the worst there than anywhere try some other spots like viking lake in red oak or look at locations for public areas in loess hills and if you do hunt desoto get there first thing when they open as you have more competition there than you can deal with.remember viking lake next week after heat this weekend.

Email: johnbomaha@aol.com

State: ia

Re: Re: found some!!

You are so right about all the hunters. I really don't know where else to go around here, so those tips are great. I appreciate it. Besides, the ticks are horrible there at DeSoto. My friend went by Crescent today, came home with 2 bags. I am jealous

Email: mbever101@yahoo.com

State: Iowa