Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is Indiana doomed?

Going to be 40's during the day, 20's at night for a week. Just going to have to hope that they grow when it warms up. Any opinions?

State: Central IN

Re: Is Indiana doomed?

Cold, cold cold in ohio for the next5-6 days, BUT the first warm day, and I'm in the woods. I think that morels are heartier than people think.

Email: shadowboxer06@yahoo.com

State: ohio

Re: Re: Is Indiana doomed?

Yep, the cold will just be a setback in time. We have plenty of moisture in th ground. It has gone from the 70s to the 20s here, too. The warmup is the middle of next week and off we go!

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Illinois (Central)

Re: Is Indiana doomed?

Just wait until it warms up. I'm in NW IL and I was practically drooling until it got cold. Now we just have to wait for a few warm sunny days. We got plenty of moisture, and the ground hadn't warmed up yet, so things will be right on schedule (instead of an early season like everybody I know thought it would be, until this cold). I am just glad that things hadn't warmed up enough yet. That could have hurt the season. Good Luch to All! Gonna be a good year!

Email: richellederrik@hotmail.com

State: Quad Cities IL

Re: Re: Is Indiana doomed?

i have been pickin blacks since march ...izzy seems like ya would be findin em where ya at as im not too far away .... have plenty of pics to prove it ... and sum of new growth since the cold snap ... im thinkin bout goin back out this mornin ... but it is rainin right now ... who knows ive done dumber things ... lol .... if yall ever feel like BS'n bout shrooms (not just morels) give me a shout on yahoo messenger .... canis_lupus692002 .... good luck to yall !! leave sum for me ;)

State: IN