Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
kansas hunting

Yesterday morning we got some rain I woke during the storm and said today is the day. I went out and found 60 with in a hour. Most of them were greys but I did find some nice size yellows. Boy they sure were good. I think I will go back out tomorrow. I got the eye for them now. Good Luck to everyone.

Email: carlyk21@earthlink.net

State: kansas

Re: kansas hunting

Thur. 29th,March found 30 Sat 31st found over 100 Mon 2nd April found 55 Mostly grays.

South Cowley County, Northern Kay County,Okla

Email: Lbenton@cox.net

State: KS Cowley Co.

Re: Re: kansas hunting

4/5 cold and getting snow, going to be set back a few days.

State: KS North Central

Re: Re: Re: kansas hunting

4/12 and we are due to get 5 to 8 in of snow by 4/14
I hope that i will find more than 9 this year!

Re: kansas hunting

hi everyone.I just returned from south MO with 501 morels.About 1 fifth of them were yellows and the rest were greys.Yeah

Email: tylarbay02@yahoo.com

State: tonganoxie ks

Wow nice find, love to see some pictures of the great haul!

State: KS

i posted them with the hall of fame on here. hopefully they'll post them.I took 45 different ones but only posted 10 so far.It was my best year ever and i haven't even been up here lately.I did find 7 small greys by leavenworth on April fools day though.Email me if ya want and i could email u some too if they don't post them.
Good luck when u go. HOpefully this next week the sun will come back out and heat up alittle.I can't wait to get back out to the woods!

Do you think the cold snap we have had will keep the yellows from coming up? Lansing Area

Email: kansaskansasman@yahoo.com

no way bob.Surly they'll be a popping this week when it gets back to the 70's.Just wait you'll find ya a mother load.I hope every one can find a bunch before it's all over with.Good luck everybody.I'll be out this next week to find em.I'll let everyone know when i do.

Re: Re: Re: Re: kansas hunting

Thanks Amy, I'll let you know too...

Email: kansaskansasman@yahoo.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: kansas hunting

Hey guys I went out yesterday afternoon and found 9, 4 blacks under a ceder tree and 5 yellows. I alos found 7 that looked like they got hit by the freeze.

Hope to find some more maybe this weekend or early next week, need some more rain tho.

Good luck guys.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: kansas hunting

hi guys i've been to 3 of my hot spots here these last 2 days and all i've found was 3 wierd looking morelheaded ones with long stems and a bout 15 ones with red heads like an umbrella and long thick white stems.Plus a few cig butts.I think someone else has been in my spots.boo hoo! so no louke with the morels here in tonganoxie ks yet.I hope the rain comes sat night so sunday i can find something before i go back home to Kansas city,mo
Good luck

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: kansas hunting

Hey have you guys been out agian?

Had any luck?

I need to get back out for 1 more look but haven't had the time.