Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MORELS!

Hey does anyone know how to dry and keep morels ? I ususally do not find enough to have to worry about it but since I quit my job and have time to go I have found alot.. I know you can batter and flash fry then and drain them on a paper towel and freeze them but I was wanting to dry some does anyone do that???
I found 254 today 200 under one big dead elm never have found that many... thanks for any info

Email: wanabe66@ipa.net

State: missouri

Re: MORELS!

WHAT AREA OF MISSOURI DID YOU FIND YOUR MORELS IN AND WHAT KIND WERE THEY?

Email: deje6372@aol.com

State: Missouri

Re: Re: MORELS!

I live in southwest missouri Dade County
they were white not grey and today some bigger yellow ones... I sent a picture just not posted yet

Email: wanabe66@ipa.net

State: missouri

Re: Re: Re: MORELS!

Those 254 nice Morels are now posted in the 2007 Hall of Honor! I am jealous!!

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Illinois (Central)

Re: Re: Re: MORELS!

Hi there! Great find. I have used my dehydrator to dry morels blacks greys and yellows. tore them in ziplock bag. I have also canned some of the yellows and greys. They have to be a thicker or heavier mushroom. Enjoy!

Email: Rhemiam

State: Indiana

Re: Re: Re: Re: MORELS!

I alway put a large screen on two sawhorses in the garage and lay them out on that for a few days. When they are good and dry I put them in ball canning jars and put a lid on them. They will last for a couple of years that way. When you want to use them, soak them in cold water for about 30 minutes, drain (save the juice, good for use in recipes!) Cook and enjoy!
I am going out for the first time today, probably too soon for southwest mi. yet though.

Email: mauimimi@sbcglobal.net

State: michigan