Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i have a ?

i am wondering something maybe you could help with.i am curious to know if drought has bad effects on shrooms year to year?year before last was a great year.lots of moister,lots of shrooms.last year was a serious dry spell.no shrooms.this year more rain than last year,still no shrooms.been looking for a week.any thoughts or experiences like this?thought it may be early but trees are leaving out and growth on woods floor.thanks for help,happy hunting all.

Email: miracle1@pldi.net

State: oklahoma

Re: i have a ?

I have noticed that the wetter the spring the better the yield, in Ohio anyway!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

i am wondering something maybe you could help with.i am curious to know if drought has bad effects on shrooms year to year?year before last was a great year.lots of moister,lots of shrooms.last year was a serious dry spell.no shrooms.this year more rain than last year,still no shrooms.been looking for a week.any thoughts or experiences like this?thought it may be early but trees are leaving out and growth on woods floor.thanks for help,happy hunting all.

Email: csmith277@yahoo.com

State: Ohio

Re: Re: i have a ?

ty for reply.anything like this happen there?

State: oklahoma

Re: Re: Re: i have a ?

yes I notice the weather plays a huge part in the yield!! goodluck out there!

Email: csmith277@yahoo.com

State: Ohio Logan County

It would appear that few understood your question. I have experienced what you are talking about when you have a dry year and very few to pick, and then wondered for a year what will come the following season. As I understand it morels grow from a root system that has established itself below ground. When you have a dry year with very little production. The root system simply goes dorment or in severe cases sometimes dies. Generally the following year if the conditions are right and the root system survived they will appear again.
Good Luck Hunting

Email: dave@motorlaminations.com

State: IL

I agree with Dave. A very dry Spring will prevent the "fruiting" from ocurring. The fruit produced is our Morels. As long as the organism survives and the conditions are right.....pop!

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Illinois (Central)

Re: Re: i have a ?

hey guys,just a little note and a big thank you for the feedback.We had some real good rainfall last weekend,after a long dry spell.went to "THE"spot and went to my spot that i know if i see one they are there.no sooner than i stepped in,i saw one.I found 35 greys and yellows in less than an hour.you were right about root system as they were growing in what seemed to be strait lines from each other.Again, thanks.Vern

State: ok