Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Found some....

blackies!! Found 12 in one spot and then went and checked a couple others to no avail. This weekend it should get going!! Good Luck!

State: So. Ill Jackson Co.

Re: Found some....

http://soilloutdooors.blogspot.com/

There is a pic of those beautiful spores on my blog site!

Excellent!! How about posting your pics in the Hall of Honor here at 1 Morel Mushroom Lane, too?
http://www.morelsandmore.com/hallofhonor.htm
This is really early even for Southern Illinois. Has it been unusually warm in your area?

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Illinois (Central)

Re: Re: Found some....

It just keeps getting warmer and warmer earlier and earlier. I usually start finding them, at the earliest, right around April 1. It got warm about a couple weeks ago and then we had a little cold snap this past weekend but since Sunday the temps have been skyrocketing. The last few days has brought showers and T-storms also. It'll be 70 something the next few days as it was yesterday. Lows since tues night have been in the 50's. Rain and T-storms through Sat. So Sunday, upper 70's and Sun and they game should be on! Good Luck!!

Great job, JT! I assume that was your March 21st find now in the 2007 Hall of Honor. Thanks!
Morel Season is officially under way!

Email: John@morelsandmore.com

Re: Re: Found some....

Found 13 this morning before the rain started up again. It shouldn't be much longer with the temps getting into the 80's tomorrow and Sunday! John, I'll post the pics soon or you can check out my blog site, posted earlier in this thread.

Great site, Grant! Keep the pics coming! We are actually getting some decent weather for "the hunt" and I wouldn't be surprised to see the pop early here.

Email: john@morelsandmore.com