Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
morels

I was the first last year in Tennessee to find morels. I have lots of confidence I will be again. Every Year I find more
here. I still haven't seen anyone post from Tennessee. Maybe no one else in TN hunts morels or they just don't tell. I moved here from Indiana and have known about morels most of my life. When I moved to Tennessee I hunted for 4 years before I found my first one. Now I have several sweet spots and love to get outdoors every spring. There just isn't anything better. good luck to everyone out there. you know it will be 2 to 3 weeks after they come up in Tennesse before they come up in Indiana.
HAPPY HUNTING.

Email: freebird38351@aol.com

State: TN

Re: morels

Freebird!

Great to hear from you. We normally have a lot of early season posts from TN, but last year was slow for some reason. There is a foot of snow on the ground in Central Illinois right now and I'm sure all the shroomers around here are chomping at the bit to learn of the first find down your way - it starts our clocks a tickin'. Good luck and happy hunting!

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Central Illinois

what part of ind. your from im a hoosier.raised around peru ind. cant wait to find my first morel of the year myself.over 50 lbs. last year.

Email: jackieccc@charter.net

State: mn.

howdy all, my mouth's watering & i just can't wait, with the snow, we been getting it should be a good yr here in central MO, last yr was not good, & i usley find alot, we really don't start poppin here till late march early April, soil temp, is the key, but i can always find a few blacks, there kinda tuff to find here, in the ozarks, i know they gotta grow somewhere by the motherload, just haven't found it yet, i have one spot they'll grow a bunch, it's kinda like on a Northeast hill,around cedar's, & what i think is somekind of buttercup tree, realy good with the whites, just alittle inexperienced with the blacks any clues

Email: rooferbrooksy@yahoo.com

State: MO

Im getting ready for Northern Ca and Oregon , but San Diego is already popping lots of yellows. Good luck!

Email: wreith@earthling.net

State: CA

Re: Re: morels

ELM trees with the bark coming off. air temp. @70 or better and rain. i find 20 or moor lbs. each yr....

Email: jackieccc@charter.net

State: mn.

I am from a small town in central IN Greenfield, it is close to Indianapolis. I went walking in the woods yesterday just to feel the ground. I also have relative that live around putnam county which is very well known for morels. They sell them in a market there. happy hunting

I used to find plenty of morels when I was younger, but the last few years I haven't found "ANY". What's wrong with the morel population in East Tenn.

Email: njack@charter.net

State: TN-Kingsport

i beat you to it this year found my first on march 8, 2007 good luck

Email: hagott@netscape.net

State: tennessee

hey congrats on finding the first. hope you find many many more. I am still looking, i haven't found one yet. I know there will be lots this year. good luck to you too.

Checking out the notes, I'm heading to Bristol next week. Thinking about going a day or two early to look for morels. Where abouts in TN are your finding them,
N or S, E or W.

If you would be kind enough to give some info.....

Aj

Email: Myers_aj@yahoo.com

State: Indiana