Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
more mushrooms

i found one more pound today in houston county. had all four colors. my lab ginger kept kicking up pheasents and i found severly nest. for a gloomy day, it was great.

Email: jackieccc@charter.net

State: MN.

which ones are best?

These mushrooms are a real treat in my family...they havent had them in years and usually when visiting in Iowa they will buy some from the Amish. I remember vaguely seeing them and they were grey and about egg sized.

I decided to surprise my mom and grandma for mother's day and I bought 3 pounds on e-bay from the state of Washington. The seller showed a great picture of them and when I got them I was disappointed. Half of my 3 pound order has mushrooms that are pink to index finger size. How would one go about coating in egg, dredging in flour and sauteing??? They would shrink up to nothing!! The seller told me that most people want the "button" size mushrooms because they are the tender ones. Well I had these overnighted and to me they all seem pretty dry. The itty bitty ones look quite pitiful and I dont remember seeing them that tiny when my mom bought them. I'm almost embarrassed to serve them for a surprise dinner.

Can someone inform me about which mushrooms are best? And what's the deal with the itty-bitty ones?

Email: krke9902@yahoo.com

State: MN

Re: which ones are best?

e mail me, I can help you out. Im unloding mine 25.00/Lb. to a organic store in town.

I acutally like the little ones... they get nice and crunchy ... after you give them a nice coating of bread crumbs and then fry them in butter mmmmmmm...
I dont know what to say...I myself have picked almost 20 lbs.in the last week and I live just a few miles from the IA/MN border...Most have been the average size 3-5in but there have been some bigger and some smaller too... Good luck

Email: guitargary69@yahoo.com

State: IA

you have whites (first yr. i v seen ever) then you have grays,blakes yellows. the darker the stronger. i like stronger taste. also theres moor ways to cook them.

Re: Re: which ones are best?

can you help me get rid of 30 lbs 608-235-7383 lv message mark

Email: tblawusch@charter.com

State: wi