Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best Year Yet

This has been the best year ever for mushroom hunting in Illinois. My husband and I found 8 pounds within two days. They were all grays but I'm sure the yellows will be coming soon. We'll be going back out today so I'll keep ya'll posted on what we find. Good luck and keep shroomin'

State: Illinois

Re: Best Year Yet

hi,i have been finding the large whiteones.found the greys early this year.i find them as late as the first week in may here in ky.been teaching my two sons and nephew and they wait for me to get home from work to go everyday lol.they love to hunt and eat.good year here to but i cant go as far back in hills as i would like cause of a black bear we have but i may go today. congrats to u.

Email: lisad06083@earthlink.net

State: ky.

Re: Re: Best Year Yet

We have been doing well in LaSalle Co. so far this year. up to about 9-10lbs total ( greys and yellows in a good mix)and we are going back out tonight and tomorrow. I am determined to get a much as I can so I can freeze them and save for later to enjoy. I'll tell ya what, all the snmelling while hunting and then cooking too, I really hate to say it but the smell is getting to me That's why
I want to freeze them and hopefully later I will be over it. Good luck hunting!!!

Email: stephanie_rue@hotmail.com

State: IL

Well, we did it again. My husband and I went back out yesterday and found 19 pounds! They were all yellows and good size. We'll be back at it again today. So far this year we're up to about thirty-five pounds that we've found. Of course we have to share them with friends and family. I don't think we could eat that many, well without getting sick. I'll write back again with my next find. Good Luck to everybody!

Oh, I almost forgot, all but about thirty of the mushrooms we found yesterday, were all in one patch!

Re: Re: Re: Best Year Yet

lol>>>>>at ya wish i was in ur place

Email: lisad06083@earthlink.net

State: ky.