Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Stumps-Scott

Yeah Scott I'm sure you're right. The area I am able to hunt has some fierce competiton when it comes to mushrooms. I don't think I have ever found 100 in a whole season. My grnafather has some great stories of the glory days of finding them by the bushel around here and in MI and WI. He was a farmer and was able to make a little more time for that stuff than I am able. Keep it up.

State: IN

Re: Re: Re: Stumps-Scott

I know what you mean about time. Had a friend of mine whos dad worked for the railroad and he would bring home a bushel basket of shrooms that he found along the tracks. I've noticed there are a lot of dead elms along the tracks and have even found shrooms under some of those elms,so don't be afraid to venture down the tracks in search of the almighty shroom(you could find a mother load)! Alot of the reason for finding the shrooms along the tracks is the fact that the trains will help to spread the shroom spores along it's path as it passes the sprouted ones that are already there! Just a little hint for those that want to look for shrooms but also be on the lookout for the trains,don't want anyone getting killed!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting To All!!!!

State: Michigan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stumps-Scott

I have heard that tracks are a good place to look. I am going to have to check some out. I never really thought about the train helping to spread them makes sense. Good luck to all who are lucky enough to be in the woods or on the tracks this weeken. Don't forget TAKE A KID WITH YOU!!

State: IN

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stumps-Scott

dido.dido,dido. and dont forget to check out the popolar trees and also hickory trees.especially popoluar trees for the big white ones. keep it up,safire

Email: lisad06083@earthlink.net

State: ky.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stumps-Scott

are thoes trees deed also. never heard of whites.

Email: jackieccc@charter.net

State: MN.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stumps-Scott

no there not dead.Just good area here in ky.popular trees, hicory trees,mayapples and also see lot of wild orchids and rattlesnake plant in my mushroom spots. w hites are larger ones in diamater.usually the last ones to come up here.

Email: lisad06083@earthlink.net

State: ky.