Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I got em

Matt, You're cheating yourself if you don't try them..
They are great sauteed in butter or in any number of fancy ways...try 'em, you'll like 'em...

Email: BlueShark1959@aol.com

State: Ohio

Re: Re: I got em

i for one think they are absolutely horrible sauteed in butter. on the other hand, if you wash them off, coat them in flour and fry them in vegetable oil, they are probably my favorit thing to eat in the entire world, i could live off of them

Re: Re: Re: I got em

Steve, although you said you prefer yours fried in veggie oil try expanding that to real butter it tends to give the flour coating a buttery taste. That is just a suggestion! I went out sun. to one of my fav spots found 77 greys and plan to check again today! Happy Hunting Everyone!!!!

State: Michigan

thanks, next time I get down to my property Ill give them a try, Though my neighbor probably found them by now..

Email: agun1mrt@aol.com

State: ohio

Re: Re: Re: Re: I got em

Whats a grey? black? yellow?? Help is appreciated.

Email: agun1mrt@aol.com

State: ohio

Re: Re: Re: I got em

A friend of mine built a new house and one of the selling points was that the woods on his land were loaded with Morels. The neighbor he bought the land from didn't mention that they get up at 5:00 in the morning to scout it all out and pick them. Didn't even share! Maybe land contracts should cover Morel rights just like minerals, gas, oil, etc??

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Illinois

Re: I got em

Send them to me!!!!

Don

Email: frandonpoz@centurytel.net

State: WI

butter,yukkkkk.they have enough flavor without butter and butter tends to burn ,scorch.have to get it just right . to much flower covers the flavor ,to each his own they r still great in flour. i like to use half in halt or sometimes 3 parts cornmeal to 1 part flower cornmeal really complements the morel flavor.but they r good enyway.but i would ALWAYS bread them. rinse in water then bread them. it would take a REAL connasuer to just use butter.better develop ur taste first.

Email: lisad06083@earthlink.net

State: ky.