Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We FInally Broke the Ice in the Pekin Area!

My son and brother-in-law scored two pounds of mixed greys and yellows this afternoon. The "POP" is here!!

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Central Illinois

Re: We FInally Broke the Ice in the Pekin Area!

Good to hear John,
It's been busy this week. I hunt river bottoms and creekbeds. Started my find on Monday morning, nice amount. Tuesday went fishing, got rain overnight. Wednesday and today both very productive and worth while. Not sure the weight or how many. Too many to count. Some ittie bittie greys/yellows and some real nice greys and yellows, with a head about the size of my fist. Yesterday I was in hillside river bottoms facing the sun. Today same river only different location. We were in the flats, with alot of mature decaying ash and cottonwood. Also looks like a fire went through the area years ago.
Anyone in St. Louis Mo. NO County want to go Friday A.M. Drop an e-mail if you want to hook-up.
See ya in the woods. Going back out after dinner.
Peace to all.
Uncle Jeff aka Jeff Nelson

Email: unclejeff65@hotmail.com

State: MO

Re: We FInally Broke the Ice in the Pekin Area!

I HOPE U GOT MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE. FOUND NONE IN ROCKFORD ILL. OUR MAYFLOWERS ONLY 6,7, OR 8 INCHES. LOOKED IN MANY WOODS. NO LUCK YET. THANK YOU.

Email: jsneezy54338@aol.com

State: ILLINOIS

Re: Re: We FInally Broke the Ice in the Pekin Area!

I got it. Rockford area should sprout by early next week if history holds. May 1 is usually the beginning of prime time! Keep us posted if you go out again

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Central Illinois

Re: Re: Re: We FInally Broke the Ice in the Pekin Area!

ok thank you. out almost every day. none yet. do u know where they look here? someone told me rockcut state park.

Email: jsneezy54338@aol.com

State: ILLINOIS