Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANYTHING IN WISCONSIN YET

NOT BEEN OUT YET. BUT ACCORDING TO LAST YEAR IT SHOULD BE SOON. ANYONE HAVE ANY UPDATES AROUND GREEN BAY?

Email: DTHEBUCK@HOTMAIL.COM

State: WISCONSIN

Re: ANYTHING IN WISCONSIN YET

Was out yesterday(central WI) nothing! Rained today, some should start poping this weekend with a little more rain and higher temps.

Hiking a few miles in Outagamie County on Monday and didn't see anything, yet. Another week...

State: wisconsin

Re: Re: ANYTHING IN WISCONSIN YET

Newbie to the site as well as hunting.
I'm in Outagamie as well - Kaukauna to be exact. Have some low lying woods just behind me I'm going to look today. I've consumed but never hunted (well once years ago, no luck though.)

Email: tnmk95@hotmail.com

State: WI

I went, I searched, got my feet wet, but no luck. I'm going to try another area later today.
P.S. What does an Elm look like? . I know Oaks and Ash and Maples and of course Birch. Not sure about the Elms

Re: Re: ANYTHING IN WISCONSIN YET

Still nothing in NE WI, am taking a few days off the first week in May. Will go to southern part of the state in search of them.
I have morel hunted every spring for about 15 years-in the Oshkosh area I usually find them from mid-May until the first week in June.
Never worry about finding an elm....

State: wisconsin

Re: Re: Re: ANYTHING IN WISCONSIN YET

I looked up what they look like and you're right, found 'em all over. Elm's that is, no shroom's yet. So another week at least you say? Buddy of mine has 40 acres near Crandon and says it's mid June before he gets 'em (he's never picked 'em though.) I told him to bring 'em back for me.