Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
aaron voegler please reply

Hey Aaron, where about in pike county is a good place? I have been through there on my way back to my old hometown, is there any particular public place? Also how close am I to new Harmony park? I have no idea where that is. Thanks fygor your help.

Email: CRLEARY@JUNO.COM

State: IN

Re: aaron voegler please reply

Call the DNR and they'll give you maps, very quickly, in fact (a day or two). Go to www.in.gov/dnr and get contact numbers. Call Glendale if all else fails, I think they run alot of state properties.

Pike County: Pike State Forest, Sugar Ridge NWR. Glendale is in Daviess county, that is also a hit. I went there Friday to my spots and didn't find one, ended up going bird watching the rest of the time.

As far as where to go, pick a spot, trample the woods and get you some honey holes

If you like the outdoors (which it sounds like you do), go get you a Indiana Gazeteer that has topographical maps, mine is a priceless tool. They are red and about 12 x 18 inches in size and about 20$ You can find one at the truck stops near 41 & 64. Hope this helps.

Re: Re: aaron voegler please reply

Thanks so much, I will do those things. It's nice to find friendly folks!

Re: Re: Re: aaron voegler please reply

not a problem.

Where are you from? I am 25 and am from Jasper, IN. U Hunted shrooms alot?

Re: Re: Re: Re: aaron voegler please reply

YEP, HUNTED THEM SINCE I WAS KNEE HIGH TO A GRASSHOPPER AS MY DAD WOULD SAY! I AM FROM PAOLI, 34 MARRIED WITH 13 YR OLD AND 4 YR OLD TWINS! WE FOUND 23 NICE BLACK ONES IN ORANGE COUNTY TODAY! I GOT TO PICK ONE, HA HA I TOOK MY INLAWS AND THEY PICKED THEM BEFORE I COULD GET TO WHERE THEY WERE. I JUST HAPPENED TO FIND ONE THEY LEFT. WE WENT TO PATOKA LAKE TOO, BUT IT IS TOO DRY AND TOO EARLY THERE, THE MAYAPPLES WERE BARELY UP. I AM GOING TO TRY SUGAR RIDGE THIS WEEK, I SAW THE ENTRANCE TODAY AS I WAS GOING HOME. GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET ANY!

Re: Re: Re: Re: aaron voegler please reply

i live in green co but from morgan co i cover alot of woods so far its been just blacks about an inch to 2 inches up in my areas (just for your info)

Email: bdriffel

State: in