Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Morels found in So Ill

Went out for a couple hours today and found 7 nice size black ones. They had just popped!

State: Illinois so.

Re: Morels found in So Ill

Excellent!!
At this rate that puts them about 10-14 days from Central Illinois if the weather cooperates!

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Central Illinois

Re: Re: Morels found in So Ill

That should make it about 2 weeks until we see them then. Just had a nice storm and the weather is is the 60's, with night time temps in the low 40's.

Email: cpoli@hickorytech,net

State: Des Moines, IA

Went out this am after the big storm found about 20 blackies. It's supposed to cool down the next couple days and then warm back up. It should be on in about a week.

Went out for an hour or so this am. I went somewhere I've never looked before south of Herrin. I found 6 blacks then had to head to work. Going to the honey hole tomorrow and will get back to ya.

Man it is too bad that this little cold snap came threw or they would be everywhere. Found about 3 pounds and all different varieties. It is only gonna get better now!

Re: Re: Morels found in So Ill

WHERE ABOUT ARE YOU IN ILL? I AM IN OWENSVILLE ABOUT 12 MILES FROM MT. CARMEL. I JUST MOVED HERE AND HAVE TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO HUNT. I HUNTED THE SAME SPOTS IN ORANGE COUNTY FOR 30 YEARS, NOW I AM TOTALLY LOST, AND WITH THE PRICE OF GAS BEING 2.75 I CAN'T AFFORD TO DRIVE UP THERE EVERY OTHER DAY. MAN, GIMMIE AN IDEA!

Email: CRLEARY@JUNO.COM

State: IN

CRLEARY....I am from the west part of so ill so I am not that familiar with the east side. I know there are plenty to be found in Giant City State Park south of Carbondale and also South and west of Murphysboro in the Shawnee. I hope that helps a little. The game is on went out this morning only had an hour to look and filled up a onion sack. The next couple days and this weekend should be the bomb. CRLEARY there are maps at the ranger station just as you head out of the town of Murphysboro (West) It is right on the right after Casey's.