Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It won't be long!!

Just wanted to drop a line and am always on the lookout for that elusive morel.
Went camping last week and the temp got up to 71. That was incredible for Jan. 7. I know it'll be mid April around here before they come around here. Day by day we get closer to the arrival of what we look forward to all year long, just dreaming of finding the mother lode. Last year was a good year, but hope this year is better. Guess it's time to plan that spring camping trip out to my favorite spot, even if nothing is found it is sure alot of fun scouting around teaching the kids and remenising about all those years when we were kids going out without even looking, and coming upon a big mess. we would take off our shirts and jackets tie the sleves and top shut to make a bag. Anymore I always carry a mesh bag with me if it is at all close to the morel season, just hoping to stumble upon one of those mystical mother lodes. I love the smell of a fresh yellow shroom in the crisp mornin of spring.
Uncle Jeff
Spanish Lake, Mo

Email: jacookalot691@sbcglobal.net

State: no. st. louis co. mo (Spanish Lake)

Re: It won't be long!!

yeah im waiting to we need mushrooms.

Email: jv@yahoo.com

State: kansas

Re: It won't be long!!

No it won,t be long but it seems like forever. Last week we had no snow here and I was getting the fever for morels. But as of saturday we received 5 inches of the white stuff and the wind chill for tonite is for -25 below. I would say the morels are tucked away asleep under that blanket of snow. Well like you said it won,t be long. But I can,t wait. Happy Hunting to you all.

Email: yarm100@aol.com

State: Massachusetts