Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don't give up!

After 3 hrs. of hunting in Wyandot Co. this morning with no luck, I decided to check along the Sandusky river behind my home. Much to my surprise I found 8 large, fresh yellows under one elm tree. 2 of them were over 12 inches tall. This has been a very cool, weird season, so I expect to be still checking some spots into June.
I'm surprised to see hardly any postings from Northern Ohio? Has anyone had any luck up there?

Email: birdcounts@bright.net

State: Ohio

Re: Don't give up!

I haven't had any luck in Lorain County this year. I found one lonely morel three weeks ago. Nothing since then. This is only my second year here, but friends with more experience have said this has been a very disappointing year. You gave me hope, though. I'm going to keep looking right into June. Happy hunting!

Email: Cgottawearshades@aol.com

State: Ohio

Re: Don't give up!

Found 3 dozen around first year, dead elms, three week ago. Nothing since. It's very difficult to see them now with all the undergrowth bursting out. It has been a strange year weatherwise.

Email: ampebob@aol.com

State: Ohio-Belmont County

Re: Re: Don't give up!

found around 60 in erie county last week. then last weekend in seneca county found 2 huge morels. one was about 12 inches then the other one was about 14 inches with the head being about the size of 2 softballs. i cut it up and it looked like i had found about 30 mushrooms all together.