Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rain FINALLY!

WOOHOOWEE!!!We finally got some rain here and hail!I hope it's not too late.I will try and search again in the morning.

Email: cncjc2004@yahoo.com

State: Indiana

Re: Rain FINALLY!

Good Luck Jim, Myself, I think I am finished. The weeds are so high, it will be a tough hunt. We got a little rain here but not enough to make a difference. I fried our last batch of roonies last night for supper. Patty

Email: pak1152@peoplepc.com

Re: Re: Rain FINALLY!

Thanks Patty...Hey guess what?I went out yesterday and found about 40 small yellows!I was literally crawlin on my knees over and under stuff dropped from the darn ice storm.I had a deer try and sneek up on me while I was crawlin round seriously.I am going to try and check a couple other places here close by today.With the temps at about 40 the shrooms up shouldn't go bad too aweful quick.You may wanna try at least one more time.

Re: Re: Re: Rain FINALLY!

Don't give up yet! I've picked them the first week of June here in Northcentral Ohio before, and things seem late up here this year also.

Email: birdcounts@bright.net

State: Ohio

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rain FINALLY!

Hi Rick,
Hey thanks for the info.I am sorta new to hunting mushrooms[only about 5 years]I was not really certain when to"throw in the towel"so to speak.I went out again this morning,4 small yellow,leftovers from yesterday.They are saying that we are due some more thunder storms here this afternoon/evening.So I will take your advice and check out my spots again after thats stuff passes.I have also been taking my rinsing water from my mushrooms and spreading it around in different locations around my home here,per another individuals advice I saw somewhere online.I hope that might possibly spread some spores here closer to home.Was cleaning out yesterdays finds and had a tick come roaming outta one of my shrooms so beware they are active.Thanks again for the advice there Rick and hope you have lots of late season luck! The temperature here shot right back up to the 70-80 degree range from the 40's this morning.Wow,what a huge range of difference.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rain FINALLY!

Three years and I finally score my first shrooms! Found 5 nice big yellows yesterday evening, still nice and fresh. What a thrill. Plan on hitting woods tomorrow............. Are you experienced?

Email: coolmcool@yahoo.com

State: Southeast IN

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rain FINALLY!

I believe it took me a couple years to locate my first batch of shrooms here also.I was at the point of giving up even thinking that any were in my area,when just as a close friend had told me it would happen,I was walking and searching and my eyes locked on a group of approx 10 HUGE yellows.As my buddy had said I looked around me and I was right smack in the middle of an awesume blooming of like prolly hundred shrooms in the area of approx 30 yard circle.I go back every year and if there are mushrooms to be had they are usually found in that same vacinity.I know what a "rush"it can be when ya find em fer sure. I went out[in the rain woohoo]got soaked this morning but found nothing new.I think we need more heat first if there are any more left to bloom this year.Good luck in your ventures out everyone

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rain FINALLY!

"exp" n w?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rain FINALLY!

It's a Hendrix thing and a shroom thing!

Email: coolmcool@yahoo.com

State: IN