Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4 made a skillet full!

Hubby and I went out Wed and found huge yellows. Wasn't many, (about 20) but after cleaning and slicing..made 5 skillets full! Really meaty and so goooood! Daughter and I are going again this am..what a delight! Good Luck to All, Patty in North-central Indiana

Email: pak1152@peoplepc.com

State: Indiana

Re: 4 made a skillet full!

Hey Patty sounds like you guys are still tearing em up ah? Excellent!I still have not had much luck around this area.We are supposed to get thunder storms tonight.We could sure use the rain.I'm gonna check my usual spots tomorrow and if no luck I'll prolly give er up.Glad to hear your stil finding them up your way.

Email: cncjc2004@yahoo.com

Re: Re: 4 made a skillet full!

Hi Jim, I was out for about 3 hours yesterday and found about 20 yellows. They were on the dry side, but some cold water perked them right up. I think we might be finished here unless we get some rain. The ground cover is getting so high, you have to part the weeds like the red sea to find anything! LOL I still might go out a couple more times, but all in all, I have had a good season and am a "Happy Shroomer!" Good Luck to all that are still on the hunt!

Email: pak1152@peoplepc.com