Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do they grow in KY? Giving up.....

Anyone hunting in Kentucky? We are central KY....not finding anything here. Of course we are beginners...but we don't know any experienced hunters.....any hints, tips, ideas? We are ready to go to the apple orchard....

Email: monaaboc@charter.net

State: Kentucky

Re: Do they grow in KY? Giving up.....

Ramona,
You should be able to find them out there. Keep looking and don,t forget about looking around creek beds, banks and river bottoms. Morels come in all sizes from 1/2 in up to 8-10 inches or more. Also many different colors. Be aware of the imposter, false morel also known as the half-free morel. Looks are similar but after finding the real mcoy you'll be able to tell the difference. If you have questions or concerns ask an experienced buddy or take a picture, post it on the site and you'll be able to get a response. Also the morels out there that are edible look like the pictures posted on this Wonderful, and Informative website. Good luck hunting.
Jeff.

Email: jacookalot691@sbcyahoo.net

State: Spanish Lake, Missouri

Re: Do they grow in KY? Giving up.....

Don't give up!!! Just keep looking. And once you find your first, you'll never forget it or "how" again. You can be standing in a bed of them and not see them, and then all of a sudden---pop! pop! pop! They come out of their camouflage and you have delectible, satiating morels for dinner. You can't rush a good mushroom hunt. I just took a friend for the first time, and she found the first of them. I asked her how she saw them and her comment was "I saw something that looked a little different about the leaves.".

Email: tick2u@yahoo.com

State: IL