Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kansas finds

Went out today we found about 25 grey morels but we still didnt find and yellows.

Email: bozo@myvine.com

State: ks

Re: Kansas finds

went out yesterday.
i found 57 yellows. most were small 1-3 inch, but 10-15 were 4-6 inch in size. i found a good patch.
went last night before dark and found about 100 wierd looking ones. they had long stems with an inch or so top that looked like a morel top. they was old looking.
going again today to find the mother load.

Email: tylarbaby02@aol.com

State: in tonganoxie, ks live in kc,mo

Been finding Morel's since April 6, 2005. Been out almost everyday since the 6th, finding pretty big ones now, recently,yellow & grey morels. Aren't they delicious. Going out again, later on today, April 19, 2005.

Email: bwhitewater41@yahoo.com

State: Kansas, Horton on Kickapoo Rez

bobbie were are you from?

Email: bozo@myvine.com

Re: Re: Kansas finds

Just got back form Florida on an extended fishing trip last week. Went out hunting for the little morsels yesterday with my girlfriend and found 50 in one small little area along a creek bed yesterday. The mushrooms were on the south bank of the creek elevated and away from the water about 25 ft amonst some fallen hard wood trees. We are supposed to get some rain tonight and tomorrow which should help a whole lot. Most of the prime areas for thier growth are almost dried out so the rain should bring more back at that same location.
This find was in Johnson CO in the Desoto Area.

Email: knottrue2u@yahoo.com

State: Kansas

Dont eat the long stem morels, with the small top they are false morels

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

went out yesterday.
i found 57 yellows. most were small 1-3 inch, but 10-15 were 4-6 inch in size. i found a good patch.
went last night before dark and found about 100 wierd looking ones. they had long stems with an inch or so top that looked like a morel top. they was old looking.
going again today to find the mother load.

Email: whitecloud45@netzero.com

State: Kansas

hi everyone. well i went back out today and found 10 more morels. only 2 of them are fresh and only 3-5 inchs tall. i did find 5 big ones 7 inches but are old. they are still eatable but need rehydrated.
plan to go back out tommorrow to find the last of the season. the woods are grown up well and i feel there won't be many left.
boo-hoo. i did however find a total of 169 for the year so far. not to bad i guess. i would really like to find more so i can share with everyone.

Re: Re: Re: Kansas finds

DOES THE SUN HAVE TO BE UP AND ARE THEY SOUTH OF TOPEKA NEVER FOUND ONE BUT LOVE TO LOOK

Email: REEFSPECIES@hotmail.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kansas finds

i have also found them at night with a flashlight.
the sun helps them pop up but u can find them any time of day. now that the grass and weeds have grown its really hard to find them cause they r hiding under all the growth. yes u might try alonf the kansas river. i have heard that's a great place to look.where r u located? i also heard about perry lake.good luck. they r getting old so u better get to hunting. i'm gonna go one last time tommorrow.i hope i find something.

State: ks, tonganoxie