Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
15-20 yellow and grey morels found today...how much longer do we have???

I went out for the third time this year and found 15 or so yellow and grey morels. Some of them had dried up some and were turning brown on the sides near the base. I am in North Central Oklahoma and I was wondering how much longer we have. Does anyone know? We have just had a couple of spurts of rain...we really need a good hard rain to saturate the soil...I am ready to find the BIG LOADS!!!

-Zack

Email: ritterzs@gmail.com

State: Oklahoma

Re: 15-20 yellow and grey morels found today...how much longer do we have???

I ilve in Woodward and had my best day yet.got rain yesterday,a day off today.158 total in a little over 2 hours.they are here. keep looking.along water spots in trees.higher elevations.good luck,vern

Email: miracle1@pldi.net

State: oklahoma

Re: 15-20 yellow and grey morels found today...how much longer do we have???

Last couple of years I found several around the third week in April. The reason I remember is because I took pictures of them and have looked at the dates on the pictures. I think we have a couple more good weeks of hunting. Where are you hunting? I'm hunting in Ponca City area.

Email: trentlf@swbell.net

Re: Re: 15-20 yellow and grey morels found today...how much longer do we have???

Thanks for the feedback. I am hunting around the Stillwater area...I hope we get a rain tomorrow with the increasing chance of thunderstorms. So it sounds like we should be able to hunt at least until the end of April; that's good. Thanks again for the info and good hunting and good luck!

-Zack

Re: Re: 15-20 yellow and grey morels found today...how much longer do we have???

Thanks for the input. Did you find most of yours around a creek or a lake?