Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Southern Ohio

Planning on hitting up Athens area on Tuesday April 12. Do you think the Black Morels will be up?
Where is a good location to search? I'm not looking for any secret locations, maybe a good state park or something along those lines.
Thanks
Nate

Email: Safetynate@hotmail.com

State: Ohio

Re: Southern Ohio

There are a lot of public areas near McConnelsville, about 25 miles NNE of Athens. These are Ohio Electric Power areas. I have had a lot of luck there in the past.You need a permit for camping but mushroom hunting is no problem.
There is also a small state park near Chillecothe, just south of Adelphia, called Tar hollow.This is also known to be good for morels.
I was hoping to head down that way Saturday the 16th. Please let me know if you have any luck(or no luck at all).

Email: arose@sssnet.com

Re: Re: Southern Ohio

I will be sure to check it out. Thanks for the info.

Email: Safetynate@hotmail.com

Nothing here yet! Heading to Lake Hope (close to Zaleski State Forest) weekend of April 22--Would sure appreciate a report on your hunt if you don't mind.

Email: Punkinbunnie@yahoo.com

State: Central Ohio

I think we need some rain to make them come up. I'm a looking every day. Everything else is popping up quickly. Please let me know when you start finding them in Ohio between New Philly and Cambridge. Good luck everyone!

Email: Onthehill2@msn.com

Re: Re: Southern Ohio

New to this morel thing but I found a bunch April 24th south of Cambridge in Morgan County..

Email: agun1mrt@aol.com

State: ohio