Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still Looking

Has anybody found any morels in Iowa yet? we are spose to get rain next couple days and then clear sunny skies sounds good!

Email: lindylee9th@yahoo.com

State: Iowa

Re: Still Looking

Hi Lindy,

I live in Southwest Iowa and I haven't started looking yet. Generally, in this part of Iowa, we don't start seeing them earlier than the 25th of April. Good luck to you. I sincerely hope that you find tons of them this year.

Email: warren.allely@cox.net

Re: Re: Still Looking

Thankx, I hope you find a ton too! What kind of areas do you find the best for morel hunting. I usually go down by the rivers thats where I find most of them.

Re: Re: Re: Still Looking

Hi Lindy,

I usually look in the bluffs here around Council Bluffs. The date I gave, (April 25th) might be a little later than when you can find them on the river bottoms. I hear that they come out later in the hills than they do on the river bottoms. I have talked to some people who say they are going to start searching the river bottoms tomorrow, (April 9th). Again, GOOD LUCK!

P.S.

I have the best luck it seems, looking where most people say to look. Around dead and dying Elm and Ash trees. Also, Cottonwood trees have been good for me in the past.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Still Looking

thankx and good luck!

State: iowa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Still Looking

Hi,we'll go looking up by Council Bluffs Friday,with this rain i can hear them popping now.I know we'll find them this weekend!Can't wait!

Email: birch31@iowatelecom.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Still Looking

Hi Lindy,

You won't be the only one looking in the Council Bluffs area this week. I will out this weekend for sure. We have had almost 3 inches of rain in this area in the last few days. Couldn't have come at a better time. Good luck!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Still Looking

My connections in CB found 20 yesterday,they weren't big but who cares!They're not going to get any smaller only bigger and better!Good luck to you,also.

Email: birch31@iowatelecom.net