Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Morel Habitat

Hi, Darren,
Your not the only sucker , i tried it twice with no results

Email: jep@tds.net

State: michigan

Hi Darren, A few years back I spent $30 on a kit. It was a clump of dirt with all these little roots running through it. I did everything I was supposed to, even putting compost on it, like the directions said. But I didn't have any luck. We can find them out in the yards, old apple orchard, and around our creek bank, but not where we planted out kit. (HaHa) Maybe the kits are better now or you have a better place to plant. Don't be discouraged...GOOD LUCK! Patty

Email: pak1152@sbcglobal.net

State: Indiana

Yea Me too! About 7 years ago I got a kit,paid about $36.00. I ordered it through an organic supply store.
(Worms Way), followed the directions and 7 years later still nothing. I have better luck around river and creek beds and banks. It's more fun to go out and find them, but it sure would have been way cool if I could have had them pop up in my back yard.
When I called the company in Washington they said it probally had to do with the mild winter that we had in St. Louis. He told me that in order for the spores to become fully innoculated they had to go through a hard freeze.
Anyhow I'm done with kits and hope my timing is good this year when I go out. The days are warming,we just need a couple of days of good rain.
Jeff in St. Louis, Mo.

Email: jacookalot691@sbcyahoo.net

State: Spanish Lake, Missouri