Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any Luck Yet?

Hey Mike, I am in the southwestern part of Ohio and I hunted most of the day (Sunday, 3/18/12)in several of my honey holes. I found nothing but deer tracks and turkey droppings. It just stormed here a couple of days ago but the ground is too dry yet. the green of nature and wildflower bloom says their up, but it is too early.

Email: accipiterron@earthlink.net

State: Ohio

Hey Ron, Ya- the ground has been really dry here too. We got about an inch of much needed rain yesterday(sunday) so maybe that will get em' poppin. An old friend swears I'm wastin my time though, he claims I won't see anything til' the lilacs bloom. I hope to prove him wrong today! He's been huntin' for 50 plus yrs, but there has never been this kind of early, warm weather either. Good luck - keep me posted. Thanks

Email: mjake1333@hotmail.com

State: IL

got a report last night that Yellows were found near Batesville

Email: coolmcool@yahoo.com

State: IN

Yes Mike, I agree with your friend. I have a lilac bush just outside my kitchen window ready to, but not in bloom.I too have hunted for over 50 years but this is the first time i have ever seen such an early spring without the blacks poking their noses up! The other indicator plant is the Eastern Redbud tree, just opening up here. But there is always hope as we walk through the woods and it teaches us how important the virtue of patience is in life. Although virtues are not what I want in my pan! THEY WILL COME!

Email: accipiterron@earthlink.net

State: Ohio