Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Post Central Iowa Finds Here.

Sorry, I put down the wrong dates of my find. It was April 21st and 22nd.

Hello. I live in Central Iowa by Ames and I have found a few probably about 25 in the last week.......very few and far in between. I have a feeling there won't be much this year and what we did find were mostly yellow ones and they say they are the last of the bunch so I am a little depressed over it. aghhhh

Thanks guys and gals. Keep posting. Guess i should go see my parents by PELLA!

State: Iowa

Found 20 yellows north of iowa city. Some of them were turning already and had to cut some of the tops off. (it was a sunny area though) Some were just popping up too. Getting hard to see with all the green plants and weeds coming in. Weird season.

State: ia

Found about a dozen the last 3 times out. I think it's still too cold. It is very early to be finding mushrooms. I did not find any last year until may 3rd. I always think the best hunting is the first 2 weeks in May. The foliage is getting tall, but the yellows should still be big enough to find where I hunt. Hoping the next 2 weeks will be good and everyone can find some.

State: IA hardin and marshall county

I just came home from hunting and found 43 really nice big yellows. Found by elms just starting to lose a little bark on branches. Found some on top of a hill and others of the north side of a hill. All edge of timber. Not a whole lot of thick foliage around most areas. I can't go in my usual timber over the weekend due to turkey hunters, but I'll be in there again Monday!! I'll just have to find another place to hunt this weekend. This weekend and next week should be great hunting.

Went out today and found a couple dozen nice fresh large yellows. Still facing north but in an area where it doesn't get much wind. Foliage on the north isn't as tall. It really isn't the greatest year. I walked 3 hours today just to find what I did. I'm going to go one more time this year and then I think I'll be done. Sprayed with tick spray and still pulled 4 off while hunting. I'm really tired of the ticks.