Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is the fungus among us in Minnesota?

Keep watching all the morel pages and postings on the internet to zone in on the exact time. That is very helpful but don't forget to start looking if the time seems very close and the lilacs are starting to bloom! Did you check out the new website morelhunters.com ? It is awesome with a soil temp chart and sightings chart and a lot of good info!

Email: doony62@yahoo.com

So I just found out about these mushroom last year and was lucky enough to find some!! But I still don't know a whole lot about when to go out. Last year it was around the second week of may and I found about 20. they were pretty dry though so I figured they were at the end of there season. You said that I should start looking when the lilacs are blooming...does that me full bloom or just budding? Because I have some in my yard and they are fully budded and begining to bloom on the top. So does that mean it's time????

Email: emileyhalvorson@yahoo.com

State: Minnesota- Minnesota River Valley

Hey buddy, I think your going to have a couple weeks wait. They are just now finding small greys south of Des Moines. Weather has been warmer than normal here, but we are lacking rain. Check my post for central Iowa tomorrow its going to rain tonight. They should be finding some after the rain. But Souther Minn. should be seeing some in a couple weeks so says my friend thats lives on the border Iowa/Minn. Hes coming down to Des Moines this weekend to hunt with me. Good Luck

State: Iowa

In about two weeks southern Minn should be in full swing if temps stay warmer than normal. Good luck

State: Iowa