Return to Website

Sizemore, Colletts, Phillips, Asher Generations Forum

PLEASE join in and help me get this together. If you have some photos to share please do. If you have other information, please share it here on this board. I'm at a stand still right now for photos. I'm doing this for you and yours and mine. Any contribution you can make to this site will be appreciated. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks. Lucy

Sizemore, Colletts, Phillips, Asher Generations Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Night comes to the Cumberlands

The subject is a name of a book which I found out about from my wifes cousin who lives near Moorhead . It's about eastern Ky the coal mines and its people. The Sizemore name is in the book with others I'm sure you will recognize. Its some book. If you haven't read it, you may get it from the library, otherwise it is available at amazon.com. I liked it some much I bought it for $18. Its not a happy book, there is no glamour, it tells it like it is. I know my roots now!

Re: Night comes to the Cumberlands

I went to the Hyden Library once and they had a book about the Sizemore's under their counter. It was out of print and not on the shelf. It was really interesting reading and I would love to have a copy of that book, but can't remember the name of it. The Author is an old lady and she lives in Corbin they said. So thanks for telling me about the book. Can I get any bookstore to order it for me? What's the name of the book and who is the Author?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The subject is a name of a book which I found out about from my wifes cousin who lives near Moorhead . It's about eastern Ky the coal mines and its people. The Sizemore name is in the book with others I'm sure you will recognize. Its some book. If you haven't read it, you may get it from the library, otherwise it is available at amazon.com. I liked it some much I bought it for $18. Its not a happy book, there is no glamour, it tells it like it is. I know my roots now!