Return to Website

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum

The Schooldays Forum assists the PRESCOTIAN WEBZINE with its collection of memories

and views of life at the Prescot Schools. Please respect the laws of libel......

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
nicknames

does anyone else cringe when they hear the nicknames we used at school? i mean "beak" was so unoriginal and not that funny, the guy was actually really a very nice man - the names that were hurled around by my compatriots amount to bullying by todays standards, kids can be cruel, yes, so they can, say the nickname and all laugh or s******, great huh? and if anyone has anything to say about my punctuation and grammar, well go FYS!

Re: nicknames

No. I cringe when ex PGS kids come over all soppy with guilt. That's the way it was and it's why we are all so well-adjusted. Look what today's nambified PC-protected kids are turning into. Murderers and CEOs of major banks.
Of course I'm talking a load of cr@p - didn't want you feeling all left out. Poor you.

ex PGS kids is a contradiction in terms because to be ex PGS you have to be either adult or prematurely deceased, having left school for whatever reasons you were no longer a kid, baby goat, right? I'm guessing you are a combination of all four, in your dreams...

I picked up a nickname from one source, a dude called Tony Judge I believe, it was "The Pimply Creep" no doubt referring to the state of my adolescent face and general demeanour, he even had a song to the tune of Rock Around The Clock, it went, Creep creep creep, there goes Pete, he's got no dimples but he's got lots of pimples, up, down, in out, cannot sleep, has to creep, he's the grease on wheels, there goes the Pimply Creep" and we were actually good friends for a while, I think he was after my ass.

.....and this from a guy who so cruelly sat in Maisies and watched Gord Flinn ride past on his Appletons delivery bike and then burst into song; "BINBO BINBO where ya gonna go ee oh!!!"
The nickname stuck ya know...... tee heee

ps anybody else remember Appletons the chandlers in Eccleston Street?

Me mates yoused to call us Slab'ed.

There was one lad in my form who even earned himself a nickname from one of the teachers. The lad concerned always had rosy cheeks so the old Latin teacher gave him the nickname "Rubicundus" and it stuck. Makes me think nowadays what was going on in the staff room. Were they all laughing at us as much as we were taking the mickey out of them. The famous quote from Stoddy comes to mind: "In my class I've got two Balls and a Dick!"