Return to Website

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum

The Schooldays Forum assists the PRESCOTIAN WEBZINE with its collection of memories

and views of life at the Prescot Schools. Please respect the laws of libel......

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Delicious irony

How deliciously ironic................the champions of strike-breaking now debating whether they should take strike action over pay. I agree, they're paid far too much ! If the police had performance related pay they'd really be stuggling on their wages.

Re: Delicious irony

Hope you're not just jealous because they turned you down for a job.

I thought they did a great job last night controlling those disgraceful Chelsea fans.

Eh ????????????????????

The fact is, we get appalling value for money from our over-paid boys in blue ("public servants my a**e" I recall !) I can't stress this enough; appalling value for money; they're only interested in doing anything tangible when one of their colleagues has been harmed. It will take years for them to earn the right to dispense with the titles 'Maggie's Private Army' and 'Scabs in Uniform'.

Nice to see you applaud and compliment the tremendously good behaviour exhibited, for once, by English football fans abroad - it makes a refreshing change from the disgusting and embarrassing antics exhibited in previous years in Belgium, Bulgaria and Greece.

'Big Stalker' seems to know a lot about what allegedly happened outside one bar in london t'other night. presumably he was there ?

Heaven forbid! I would rather poke my eyes out with knitting needles!

Ah! Maggie! Those were the days!!!

Not sure about knitting needles; your sort seem to favour paving slabs !

"Your Sort"? What do you mean by that? Not allowed to put people in categories these days are we??

The irony is two-fold now ! "We" ? What do you mean by that ? not allowed to put people in categories these days.

"We" as in all of us. So therefore a big amorphous blob of humanity and not categorising anybody at all.

Not very bright are you? Do you need me to explain "us" and "you"? Understanding of the English language isn't what it was.

You can try as much as you like, but your unique confusion will always shine through. I suppose I'm not "bright"; its quite cpmforting actually to be called dull; tis a shame you are just plain thick.

I'd rather be fat than dull.

OK FatBoy.........now where we ? Ah yes...............we get appalling value for money from our police.

Value for money. An interesting concept in this day and age.

Traffic wardens being paid more than our soldiers. Binmen being paid more than nurses. Union officials being paid more than the workers. I could go on, but I'll leave that to you.

Police officers being paid more than soldiers (note the omission of "our", NIMN); police officers being paid more than nurses; police officers being paid more than teachers; financial advisers being paid more than binmen; most union officials being paid absolutely nothing et.c. et.c.

Union officials "usually" being paid absolutely nothing? They "usually" do union business in their own time do they?

Must have changed since I was last in a union because then the union reps had all kinds of little jollies in company time. So they were paid by er.... the employer and the rest of us had to cover for them.

Strangely enough, the union reps seemed to do very well when promotions were being handed out as well.

As you say, things must have changed since you were last in a union; in recognition of your honesty, I'll forgive your ignorance about union activities on this occasion.

How apt. A touch of the blarney.

As I said, police = appalling value for money.

Whilst watching 'Police Camera Action' last night, i was reminded of the one road sign which seems to eruditely sum up out bumbling boys in blue........

POLICE
SLOW

It would appera a strike by the boys in blue is even more closer. Dopn't think we'll notice any difference !