Return to Website

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum

The Schooldays Forum assists the PRESCOTIAN WEBZINE with its collection of memories

and views of life at the Prescot Schools. Please respect the laws of libel......

Forum: The Prescotian Schooldays Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Happy 40th Knowsley Safari Park

There was a feature on North West Tonight last friday about the 40th anniversary of the opening of the Safari Park better known in my era (68-75) as the venue for the annual torture of the Inter House Cross Country Race and (before the animals) Mr Stoddart's Orienteering Club.

Re: Happy 40th Knowsley Safari Park

The cross country race through Knowsley Park was indeed a killer. Not only exhausting but cold, filthy and wet. I've just had a look at the Liverpool AZ trying to remember exactly where we had to endure the torture and it all looks so nice on the map. A green spacious area surrounded by reservoirs and the safari park with names like Knoll House, Keeper's House and Yates Plantation. After leaving PGS I would go on to enjoy the delights of Yates' Wine Lodge, but that's a different story!

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting