Return to Website

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum

The Schooldays Forum assists the PRESCOTIAN WEBZINE with its collection of memories

and views of life at the Prescot Schools. Please respect the laws of libel......

Forum: The Prescotian Schooldays Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Bob Dylan is 70

I can't remember being much of a Dylan fan at school except for enjoying his stuff on the radio and playing "Like A Rolling Stone" a lot on the jukebox in The Vic (The Long Pull) much to the annoyance of other people because it's not your average 3 minute single. Within 6 months of leaving PGS however I was not only a fan but a Bob addict! Starting work at Liverpool University had a lot to do with it, coming into contact with people older (and wiser) than myself. A big thanks to Lenny Parsons here for introducing me to the albums "Blood On The Tracks", "The Basement Tapes" and "Desire". Three phenomenal LPs that Dylan had recently released during a period of 12 months. I got to see the great man perform live in July 1978 at Blackbushe Aerodrome where he re-worked many of his old classics. Fast forward to 2011 and the old bugger is now 70, still recording and doing gigs, making great music and enjoying his never-ending tour. Hats off to Robert Zimmerman. Happy Birthday Bob!

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains