Return to Website

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum

The Schooldays Forum assists the PRESCOTIAN WEBZINE with its collection of memories

and views of life at the Prescot Schools. Please respect the laws of libel......

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cup Mystery

Bad memory here I have to admit but someone out there must know what I'm on about. It was the early seventies and a certain Mrs Williams came into the classroom and instead of teaching us English like she normally did, she tried to impress us with a cup, won at Wembley by Leigh Rugby League team. Most of us couldn't care less as we were into football not rugby and the others were probably Saints fans anyway.
Question: how the hell did she get hold of the cup?

Re: Cup Mystery

I remember some lady teacher bringing it in. I think she was a keen follower and she and/or husband had some connection with the social side of the club. I also remember calling her 'mum' instead of 'miss' - did I get some stick!!

Re: Cup Mystery

I remember this happening as well. She wasn't my favourite teacher by any means as she had a habit of tugging you by the hair at ear level if you got a bit out of hand. It's painful, try it! I don't think she was at the school that long as she's not listed amongst ex-staff on this website. And the cup? Give me "Old Big Ears" anyday. The one that Carra took to his local pub in Bootle in 2005!