Return to Website

The Prescotian Schooldays Forum

The Schooldays Forum assists the PRESCOTIAN WEBZINE with its collection of memories

and views of life at the Prescot Schools. Please respect the laws of libel......

Forum: The Prescotian Schooldays Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Intake List 1970 OMEGA

After digging deep into my memory banks (not easy after all these years) this is the best I can come up with. There's a couple missing I'm sure, so if there's anybody out there who can do better, go for it!

Roy Prescott, Jimmy Quirk, Peter Quickfall, Nigel Roberts, Phil Roberts, Glynn Roberts, Bernie Rodgers, Geoff Smale (Smail?), Donald Stirrup, Ian Thorogood, Ross Thomson, David Tilley, David Tickle, Ian Travis, Stephen Taylor, John Taylor, David Treble, Keith Vine, Nicky Williams, John Williams, Martin Williams, Graham Williams, S(?)Williams, Steven Wilkinson, Stephen Webster, Michael(?)Webster, R(?)Wilson, Matthew Wood

Stephen Webster was the son of the Physics teacher by the way, and his Dad called him "Webster"!

Re: Intake List 1970 OMEGA

Fuzz

Although I was 1969 intake, I can confirm that your spelling of Geoff Smale's surname was right first time. I can't claim to know him, but knew "of" him because he used to live in Rainhill and catch the H2 / 3 / 4 Crosville bus from the same stop as me.

Ste

If you were a '69er Ste you may remember lads such as James Anders and Ian Brownbill who went to my Primary School. James lived opposite me in Prescot. Another lad from your year I think was Howard Jones, who lived round the corner. None of these were Omega though so were thought of as the "enemy"! Even in my year I only had a couple of mates outside of my form (Les Jones & Bryan McAuley from Lambda). Strange how alphabetical streaming influenced our school life.

After a few weeks of thinking I've come up with another name: Rafferty, but I can't remember his first name and I'm sure he'd left or maybe dropped down a year as the rest of us progressed. I know there's some of my class (form) out there in cyberspace so come on lads help me out here!

Just found this by chance on the internet. Still have fond memories of those days - particularly the football and i do remember a Rafferty - Michael?

Email  

There was a MARK Rafferty who was sent back a year into 1 Omega intake in Sept. 1971. Best (worst ?) memory of him was when he took it upon himself to clamber into the crawl-space beneath the old wooden class-rooms but was soon found and christened 'Mole' by the staff. Henceforth, Rafferty displayed his inability to appreciate humour and would threaten to "kick the heads in" of any peers who referred to him as Mole.

Email  

Fuzz

Yes I do remember all those you mention. Howard Jones was in Kappa, like me, and unlike me was a half decent footballer. However, by some amazing quirke of fate - and scoring two lucky goals in Jimmy Dewsnip's trials match, I did play for the under 11's first game, away to Bluecoat. we lost 3-2....I was dreadful, and the following week Howard Jones took my place on the right wing.

I played Hockey for the school a few times in later years, but never graced the footy pitches again, unlike Jim Anders and Ian Brownbill.

A good few years ago, with help from others in the 1969 intake, I submitted our year group to this site, and it is still there!! Along with the photo of me, with brother Stuart, with pint in hand, at the 2001 reunion.

Ste

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting