5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D Coy, 5 RAR (2nd tour)

Hey,

Does anyone have any pictures containing Pte Colin Charles Brines. Even if you vaguely remember him, please do tell.

thanks

Re: D Coy, 5 RAR (2nd tour)

I'am his daughter and I could probably get hold of some. I'm just wondering who is asking or wanting them and for what purpose. I will try my best to help. There is also a Vietnam Video that was taped from back then by someone I have and my Dad
(Pte Colin Charles Brines) was in it twice. I would be happy to assist.

Hi,
Was he Lorna's son? If so im his cousins son.i was puttin together a family tree and tried to get pix of those who have served. If he's not Lorna's son, my apologies for the inconvenience
thanks

Well technically him and his brothers were adopted by Lorna so not by blood however she raised them all so yes. I can get hold of some photos and his contact details. My Sister was creating a family tree but on dads side we had a difficult time due to the fact we dont know anything about there real parents. But we have one on our side and from my mum's side. Photo's from Vietnam I dont know if Dad has many, but i might be able to chase up a few. I also have a DVD that he appears in twice that was filmed back then from a guy's video camera.

By the way out of curiosity which cousin of his are you referring too ?? Also were or are you in 5 RAR D Company or were you just posting a general note on this website trying to find him ?

Who was your father ?

My dads name is Bruce, his cousin.

Okay, I will speak to my father again, he is possibly not his cousin by blood though as Charlie, Phillip and my father were fostered by Lorna. Would this still put him within your family tree ?

hi guys iamtheguywiththedvd shouldyou wantacopy just let meknow regards johnhellyer

Excellent I was very pleased to see someone did some filming for the troops whilst they were away. I believe my Dad (Colin Charles Brines) got a copy off you already and copied it to give to his daughters, so I have a copy of it already. I seen my Dad in there twice. I was also rather pleased to see the old HMAS SYDNEY in that DVD, coincidentally 3 of his daughters joined the Navy and ended up serving in the Defence Force. Thanks for the info though !