5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gold Card and Private Hospitals

Thanks Jeff. That's what I am looking for.

Anybody else?

Alan,

I have been in and out of hospitals since '99. Did not get my gold card till '01.

My Dr's have always put me in private hospitals (Nowra Private). I have never asked for a private room as the rooms are for two. However I rarely have more than me in it (perhaps I snore). Since '01 I have not had to spend a penny so private cover has been useless to me.

Ron Dunbar

Thanks Ron. I am in the process of canceling my private cover and upping my wifes to the top level cover. It works out at $60 a month cheaper. I am covered and my wife will have top private cover.

Alan.

Hi Allan,
I came out of a private hospital today after contracting pheumonia.Any doctor worth his salt knows that we go private.Go for it.

Regards Kiwi

Thanks Kiwi.

consensus seems to be that private is not needed. That'll do me!

Alan

Go for it mate,,, Saves heaps by you opting out and changing you Wife's category to top cover with top extras in Defence Health for about $450 each Quarter.
Good Luck

Thanks Mal. I didn't know there was such a thing as "Defence Health". Will look into it for sure!

Alan Miles