5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
operation twickenham 1 2may-13 april 1969

hi, after nearly 40 years of reading your report on the above noted op,i must concede you all have it all wrong. i was with lt lee when he was shot ,the small group you constantly write of consisted of 2,lt lee and myself.thats it,and your general story is only partially correct,sorry,but i thought you should know.

kind regards derek cllins 2789433

Re: operation twickenham 1 2may-13 april 1969

G'day Derek,
The account of Op Twickenham came from 5RAR's yearbook "The Year of the Tigers." If the account is inaccurate then you need to contact Dave Wilkins who has posted a message requesting members of the second tour to contact him, in this instance, to errors of omission or commission. (See post "Year of the Tigers" (Revised Edition, 2008)

It is very important that our history is accurate and accountable. Therefore please contact David with you account of that operation.

Cheers,

Ted.